Sponsored by:

First Oil Service done

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 10:27 PM
Hugh Jardon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Oil Service done

Just paid for the first oil service on my MY14 C2S. $244 out the door. Seems about right, but still a little costly for an oil/filter change. I asked for verbal quote on the minor service next year and they said $633.

This is the Los Angeles area where there are lots of dealers to choose from - 4 within ~30mi radius of my home/work, so I guess they have to be more or less competitive with each other.

I'm curious what the major 4 year/40,000 mile service is going to cost? $2,000 or more? Any one had the major service done at a dealer?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:00 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Houston area quotes for 40K service were about $1400-1500. I did it myself for around $300 in parts in less than 3 hours.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:20 AM
thomnellie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
Just paid for the first oil service on my MY14 C2S. $244 out the door. Seems about right, but still a little costly for an oil/filter change. I asked for verbal quote on the minor service next year and they said $633.

This is the Los Angeles area where there are lots of dealers to choose from - 4 within ~30mi radius of my home/work, so I guess they have to be more or less competitive with each other.

I'm curious what the major 4 year/40,000 mile service is going to cost? $2,000 or more? Any one had the major service done at a dealer?
My experience with dealerships of any marque, including Porsche, is that they like to pad the bill by going beyond the requirements of Porsche's service guidance, which is already full of stuff that I can accomplish myself by simply going out and looking at the car. Our solution has been to buy Porsche's service plan. Expensive, but at least there is some control over spiraling cost. Failing that, I suggest going over the service guide before taking the care in and being very specific about what you want them to do.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:30 PM
mrhamamg
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

shouldnt oil change be covered under warranty? im new to porsche and came from bmw so pardon my silliness for asking
Old 07-15-2015, 09:35 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhamamg
shouldnt oil change be covered under warranty? im new to porsche and came from bmw so pardon my silliness for asking
No. Porsche does not offer free maintenance. There are likely "prepaid" plans available from individual dealers but not at the factory level.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:42 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

My take -- I don't put a lot of miles on, so service, while costly compared to other cars, etc., doesn't really add up to very much over the 8 years it takes me to put 40,000 miles on a Porsche. I can do most of the stuff, but I'm not 28 anymore -- would rather do other things. And I like the relationship I am buying with the service department. So I go to the dealer even after the warranty period is over.

Quick Reply: First Oil Service done