Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zuffenhausen visit

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 03:47 AM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Eduardo! My bad on the distance - I did the same search.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:42 AM
todd92
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sitting in the Frankfurt airport waiting for my flight home after 2 weeks here. We had a Stuttgart day. The MB musuem was the highlight. Not just a great car musuem, but a great museum period. Lunch was very good there also.

Then we drove over to Porsche for the factory tour and musuem. The musuem was meh. The tour was OK, interesting, but not the best factory tour I've been on. Of course, Porsche spins the reality that the union resists automation in to 'unhurried hand made specialness'. The Kool-Aide is always flowing freely and drank copiously by the faithful. Several in our tour group were just beside themselves with giddyness. I'm sorry, it's just a car, a very good one, but as they pointed out the line there makes over 200 911's and Boxters a day. 200+ a day ain't 'special', no matter how much 'exclusive' you tart it up with.

OTOH, it was refreshing to see many Porsches on the road, almost all of them 911's. Next most frequent was Macans and Boxters.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:19 AM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 154 Posts

Wow-appreciate the insight and recommendations. Looks like I will be able to visit the Mercedes Museum on the same day....As it has turned out, I will be a 991 owner by the time I visit the factory, so all is good with the world. Looking forward to giving my Credit cards a good work out.....

Quick Reply: Zuffenhausen visit