Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GTS order, need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015 | 02:52 PM
zhecks
Intermediate

Default New GTS order, need help

sorry if you already read this from the other board. looking for more inputs.

I am getting ready to place a custom GTS order and would like to hear your expert inputs in the following areas:

A) I live in So CA. Is it possible to get 8% or more discount on the order? I read in a previous thread that someone claimed 8+% but after talking to 3 So CA dealers, I was offered only 3-4 %. Please reply or PM me the dealer and contact info if you know of a So CA dealer who is prepared to offer higher than 5%.

I am targeting a late sept or early October ( assuming Europe is taking a month off in the summer) delivery date. My order is going to be 7MT and so far, not many dealers are carrying 7MT in stock. It is unlikely I will get a 7MT 2015 leftover on the lot in Sept or later(even though I may potentially get 10% discount by then).

B) I am going to be the only one driving this car. Do I need the 14 way seat? Once it is set, I would never change the position.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-05-2015 | 04:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zhecks

I am getting ready to place a custom GTS order and would like to hear your expert inputs in the following areas:

A) I live in So CA. Is it possible to get 8% or more discount on the order? I read in a previous thread that someone claimed 8+% but after talking to 3 So CA dealers, I was offered only 3-4 %. Please reply or PM me the dealer and contact info if you know of a So CA dealer who is prepared to offer higher than 5%.

I am targeting a late sept or early October ( assuming Europe is taking a month off in the summer) delivery date. My order is going to be 7MT and so far, not many dealers are carrying 7MT in stock. It is unlikely I will get a 7MT 2015 leftover on the lot in Sept or later(even though I may potentially get 10% discount by then).

B) I am going to be the only one driving this car. Do I need the 14 way seat? Once it is set, I would never change the position.

Thanks in advance
I think its clear that the preference on this list is for 7MT, but I think you will find that any dealer specified car will be PDK, so the chances you will find an
MT 'on the lot' are slim unless someone ordered one and backed out, and
yes you might get a good discount, *but* my thinking is that for a car north
of $100k you should order the spec you like and not what the dealer has...

As for the seats, I have the 18-ways in my Cabriolet, I love them and would not get anything less ... I think you have to sit in the seats to determine which ones suit you best regardless of how many people will drive it, its all
about the seat shape and adjustability...
Old 06-05-2015 | 05:12 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

These are expensive cars. Order it just the way you like it. Saving 1% because it's on the lot is not worth it. I'm waiting on mine and have been offered 5% in SoCal. July freeze date for October delivery.
Old 06-05-2015 | 06:35 PM
pcosta
Instructor

I'm having a difficult time getting an allocation. I've been promissed that they woud get me an allocation this week, but haven't heard anythinh yet...Better make sure that your dealer will have an allocation.
I ordered the the Sports Seats Plus (4way) for the same reason you indicated. Have had in my Porsche cab 4S with X51, for 9 years and never had to adjust it again..
Old 06-05-2015 | 07:31 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

OP: where in SoCal are you?
Old 06-05-2015 | 09:02 PM
tekniik
Advanced

Originally Posted by zhecks

Thanks in advance
I just put in an order in this week and I'm in socal. I'm also getting a MT which is almost impossible to find on any lots. I ended up emailing most of the dealers in CA and AZ and NV. About a third did not have any modifiable allocations. Another third would did not want to discount at all, although one did email back and change their mind. The last third gave me 3-4% and a couple went to 5-6%. I ended up getting the one I wanted to match the 6% offer and I took it. At the end of the day I think I may have been able to get 7% but the one I got it through was local and had good reviews for customer service.

Oh and I went with the 18 way seats. I tried 14 and 18 ways out and while they were a littler harder to get out of because of the side bolster, I definitely preferred the 18's.
Old 06-05-2015 | 09:17 PM
zhecks
Intermediate

Originally Posted by c_Gio
OP: where in SoCal are you?
I am in LA area.

Originally Posted by tekniik
I just put in an order in this week and I'm in socal. I'm also getting a MT which is almost impossible to find on any lots. I ended up emailing most of the dealers in CA and AZ and NV. About a third did not have any modifiable allocations. Another third would did not want to discount at all, although one did email back and change their mind. The last third gave me 3-4% and a couple went to 5-6%. I ended up getting the one I wanted to match the 6% offer and I took it. At the end of the day I think I may have been able to get 7% but the one I got it through was local and had good reviews for customer service.

Oh and I went with the 18 way seats. I tried 14 and 18 ways out and while they were a littler harder to get out of because of the side bolster, I definitely preferred the 18's.
Can you PM me on the dealers/contact who offered 6-7%? This will save me alot of time emailing all the dealers. Greatly appreciated.

The 3 dealers I talked to did not have any issues with allocation. They just won't budge on more tha 3-4%.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2015 | 10:57 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

That's better than I could do in terms of a discount. I bought a Targa GTS and with so few allocations I got thrown a pity $2K discount and a bit more on some options. That was after walking away for two weeks. He was just firm that it would sell at msrp and in the end I caved.

Quick Reply: New GTS order, need help