Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Excellent comparative article by C&D: 911 GTS v. Jag F-type R coupe v. Merc GT S

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 01:41 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

I love this quote:

"The bodywork is by no means “wrapped around the mechanicals,” a phrase we hear issuing from the mouths of so many designers. Open the long hood and you’ll find what appears to be a plastic engine cover. Unclip this and you’ll discover it shields nothing more than the coolant reservoir and expansion tank. The twin-turbocharged V-8 is so compact that it sits several inches aft of the axle line, well behind this faux shroud. *Mercedes could have easily made the GT a couple of feet shorter, but it presumably didn’t want it to look underendowed next to the grandly phallic SLS AMG."
Old 07-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee
Larry,

Same for me as the others who commented that I don't see my PDK dropping into 7th too soon and in fact I sometimes wonder why it hasn't when I'm on the interstate.

Is it possible a new car is programmed to drop into 7th early during the "break-in" period to keep the revs down?

DaveGee
it could be the 'autobahn effect' that C&D and I were observing!

Quick Reply: Excellent comparative article by C&D: 911 GTS v. Jag F-type R coupe v. Merc GT S