Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS PTS - CZW, extended dashboard leather - reflections?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 04:05 AM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Very funny thread. Debating extended leather dash with GT Silver stitching but worried about ghosting on the windshield. Can’t find any cars nearby with this option to check out. Does ANYONE who has brighter deviated stitching on their extended leather dash regret it?
I took delivery of that car in Dec 2015 with Rhodium Silver stitching on the CZW extended leather and no problem with ghosting.

Loved it so much I included it in the order for a new T that I took delivery of 2 weeks ago. This time with GT Silver stitching on the CZW extended leather. Again, no problem and I drive at least one of the cars every day. It's a great option which I'll do again.

You're more likely to see a reflection of the central vent rather than the stitching that surrounds it.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:53 AM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 180 Posts

Thank you so much for your reply. Order locking in a couple days, and just decided to leave it as is (with GT Silver stitching) after reading your post. Considered changing stitching for only extended dash part to black to make it less busy up there and to avoid any potential ghosting issues. But I like the look, particularly the end caps.

Congrats on your T, I think that's my fave of the whole Carrera lineup right not. Enjoy!
Old 06-19-2018, 09:44 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 708 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe

Very funny thread. Debating extended leather dash with GT Silver stitching but worried about ghosting on the windshield. Can’t find any cars nearby with this option to check out. Does ANYONE who has brighter deviated stitching on their extended leather dash regret it?
I have GT Silver deviated stitching with zero regrets. It looks awesome!

Quick Reply: GTS PTS - CZW, extended dashboard leather - reflections?