Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone Parked in My Spot

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015 | 01:07 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by Archimedes
We all pay for our spots, one way or another. Pretty sure Seinfeld is paying for the spots he parks all those Porsches he keeps in his Manhattan warehouse...

So you'd be cool if someone parked in your driveway and went to the house next door, leaving you to park on a busy street?
Jerry has a temperatured-controlled building where he stores his vehicles. He ownes the building. Secondly, parking in a spot and parking in my personal driveway are two entirely different issues. One can mistaken a spot. Not a damn house. Quit reaching. Lol
Old 05-06-2015 | 01:13 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lawsofpower
Jerry has a temperatured-controlled building where he stores his vehicles. He ownes the building. Secondly, parking in a spot and parking in my personal driveway are two entirely different issues. One can mistaken a spot. Not a damn house. Quit reaching. Lol
It's no different actually, when you pay for something you have a reasonable expectation that others are not going to use it with out permission. And when some one does violate that then there are going to be consequences.

Not very big on personal property are ya?
Old 05-06-2015 | 01:20 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by SeanR
It's no different actually, when you pay for something you have a reasonable expectation that others are not going to use it with out permission. And when some one does violate that then there are going to be consequences.

Not very big on personal property are ya?
You see... I don't have those issues. You Know...folks taking my spot. Lol. I guess it's time prioritize and move. Lol.
Old 05-06-2015 | 01:37 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

"How do you like your Juke? When are finals??"

Too funny. That being said, a reserved space is just that - reserved for whomever pays for its use. The OP goes out of his way to take care of his car and we can all relate to that. Should he have left a sign? Maybe yes, maybe no. At least he didn't flatten her tires, so he gets points for gentleman-like behavior.

We presume the Jukette can read, so she might have known she was breaking the rules, or she is a complete airhead who is oblivious to no parking signs.
Old 05-06-2015 | 01:37 PM
chatt
Instructor

When I spoke to the garage attendant, she told me the girl tried to pay with a token for a garage located in a different building. I'm assuming the driver is not all that observant.
Old 05-06-2015 | 02:51 PM
Axxlrod
Instructor

Then his problem is with management not the Juke.
How do you figure that?

It was the Juke who parked in the reserved spot that was clearly labeled as such.

Don't you have to go march around with your Occupy buddies?
Old 05-06-2015 | 03:02 PM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

we'll know the excuse / reason / truth when she tells her
story on Facebook

stay tuned
Old 05-06-2015 | 03:03 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

The issue is indeed with management of the lot. They allowed a daily tenant to park in a paid monthly spot. It's up to them to move the car. I personally wouldn't have put that on the car, as it accomplishes nothing.
Old 05-06-2015 | 03:05 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by Fracture
we'll know the excuse / reason / truth when she tells her
story on Facebook

stay tuned
It's all Instagram now. Facebook is over.
Old 05-06-2015 | 03:13 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chatt
Well, the reason it bothered me is that I only drive my car on nice days, and I don't want it to get dinged up, so I'm careful where I park. The guys who park on either side of me at my office work with me and are super careful not to open doors into my car. In addition to the fact that I pay for my spot, when I have to park on the street or in some other spot, I have no clue who's going to slamming their door into my car. I worked hard to be able to afford a 4 year old 911, and I'd like to keep it nice if I can. So it's no so much about having a "special" spot. It's about having a "safe" spot, where I feel comfortable leaving my car.
+1
Old 05-06-2015 | 03:16 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Not a Finance guy are ya?
Old 05-06-2015 | 03:22 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Thanks to you nut-smashers chatt won't try to get sympathy here again.
Old 05-06-2015 | 03:22 PM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
It's all Instagram now. Facebook is over.
thanks,...I'll try and keep up
Old 05-06-2015 | 03:25 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by Fracture
thanks,...I'll try and keep up
And Snapchat.
Old 05-06-2015 | 04:36 PM
Lawsofpower
Instructor

Originally Posted by Axxlrod
How do you figure that?

It was the Juke who parked in the reserved spot that was clearly labeled as such.

Don't you have to go march around with your Occupy buddies?
Personal attacks, huh? I like people like you who suffer from herd mentality and feel obligated to cry in unison with another man's trivial, first-world "issues". Lol.

Quick Reply: Someone Parked in My Spot