Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No More Anthracite Brown

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015 | 12:52 PM
MissionBeach
AutoX

Default No More Anthracite Brown

Porsche has eliminated Anthracite Brown as a color option for MY 2016, so I've had to change my order. I considered Mahogany but I didn't like the reddish tint when seeing it in person. Decided to go with Agate Grey. Now I'm concerned that the gray might not go well with the Luxor Beige interior, a must-have for me. Nonetheless, that's my configuration and it soon locks which will actually be a relief. No more second-guessing.
Old 05-05-2015 | 01:35 PM
911sccab
Racer

Luxor beige was on my "must have" until I was introduced to Cognac & Espresso.
Old 05-05-2015 | 01:44 PM
Samp4
Racer

I guess that makes mine a collectors car. Anthracite and espresso/cognac. Wow I can hear the price going up.

Really though look at that interior. Soon much better. I have see. It with the grey and looks great.
Old 05-05-2015 | 02:33 PM
MissionBeach
AutoX

I like the Espresso/Cognac option better as well, but not $5,790 better.
Old 05-05-2015 | 02:39 PM
911sccab
Racer

Well, yeah, there's that!
Old 05-05-2015 | 02:49 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Too bad, Anthracite is/was a great color.

So gotta ask,....why is Luxor Beige a must have? Are you going full leather? (highly recommended)

LB will go "ok" with Agate, but not the must stunning of combos IMO.

Ever thought of Dark Blue Metallic with the LB?

Don't scrimp on the interior, it's what you will see most of the time. Good luck...
Old 05-05-2015 | 03:24 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

My first 911 had standard leather and manual seats. My next 911 had full leather and 14-way seats. The 2 interiors weren't even a fair comparison. Do yourself a favor and go with full leather. It's worth it.
Old 05-05-2015 | 03:37 PM
Samp4
Racer

Originally Posted by MissionBeach
I like the Espresso/Cognac option better as well, but not $5,790 better.
This was the cheapest option to choose in my opinion. The standard leather(plastic) sucks.

I will agree if a track Maxine then yea. If a driver pay the bucks.
Old 05-05-2015 | 07:20 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

here's your combo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber...vip=true&rt=nc

I considered this car before I went with the Graphite Gray 50th anniversary
Old 05-05-2015 | 07:45 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Read the threads about natural leather. This comes up again and again. It's thicker, takes more hides per interior and looks/feels amazing. We carefully studied Anthracite, Agate and DBM with Espresso/Cognac (we were working backwards from interior color to exterior). To our eyes, Anthracite was clearly #1 with E/C, but I believe both Agate and DBM would also work well. Agate has quite a bit of brown in it in proper lighting.
If it matters to you, I believe there are far fewer DBMs than Agates out there and DBM with the E/C would have the added benefit of getting an "enthusiastic" response from Larry Cable.
Yes, few cars were built in Anthracite and it's a very interesting shade. Changes dramatically with the lighting.
Old 05-06-2015 | 12:04 AM
Pcar991
Advanced

Originally Posted by Keadog
Read the threads about natural leather. This comes up again and again. It's thicker, takes more hides per interior and looks/feels amazing. We carefully studied Anthracite, Agate and DBM with Espresso/Cognac (we were working backwards from interior color to exterior). To our eyes, Anthracite was clearly #1 with E/C, but I believe both Agate and DBM would also work well. Agate has quite a bit of brown in it in proper lighting.
If it matters to you, I believe there are far fewer DBMs than Agates out there and DBM with the E/C would have the added benefit of getting an "enthusiastic" response from Larry Cable.
Yes, few cars were built in Anthracite and it's a very interesting shade. Changes dramatically with the lighting.
Very true about some brown in Agate depending on lighting conditions. Pictures taken a few minutes apart. On a bright sunny day the color warms to brown, overcast it cools to gray.

Last edited by Pcar991; 05-06-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-06-2015 | 02:36 AM
MissionBeach
AutoX

Thanks for posting the pictures of Agate Grey. Confirms the decision. Thanks also to those advocating full leather. From what I've read the synthetic is more durable and just as attractive, although not as warm and comfortable as the leather. We are staying with the basic just because of price. The goal was to stay under 100K which we have just been able to do, given our wants. Still wish we could have had Anthracite Brown. Thanks again for all who weighed in on this. Your opinions and support are much appreciated.
Old 05-06-2015 | 07:39 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MissionBeach
Thanks for posting the pictures of Agate Grey. Confirms the decision. Thanks also to those advocating full leather. From what I've read the synthetic is more durable and just as attractive, although not as warm and comfortable as the leather. We are staying with the basic just because of price. The goal was to stay under 100K which we have just been able to do, given our wants. Still wish we could have had Anthracite Brown. Thanks again for all who weighed in on this. Your opinions and support are much appreciated.
After being in the car for the first month, you will wish you had the full leather. I did!
Old 05-06-2015 | 09:59 AM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JAM2
After being in the car for the first month, you will wish you had the full leather. I did!
Maybe............

That depends on the reason(s) and budget for your 991 Porsche purchase.

An example to your point and possibly the OP's decision hierarchy would be to either

lux-out an $85k base or zero option "S".

Accoutrements vs performance.

Personally, performance gets my nod every time.
Old 05-06-2015 | 10:16 AM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Honestly, if the budget for our purchase was of lesser magnitude, a used zero option base MT 991 would have been perfectly awesome.

Just sayin'.......................it's a freekin Porsche for cryin out loud.

Bret.

Quick Reply: No More Anthracite Brown