Value of a used PSE

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 04:45 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Value of a used PSE

Hey folks ... I'm trying to determine if it's worth the price of the labor to have my local dealer pull the PSE system off my 2012 base Carrera ... I added the system after buying the car, and as it does not show up on the option sheet for my car and I'm trading it, it seems possible to just put it back to stock first (I have all the parts to do that).

A new system for a base Carrera is $2995 from Suncoast. Anyone who buys the parts from me would have to buy about $200 (list) in vacuum lines and a $200 (list) switch plate for the console (you have to order one specifically so it matches your existing option list). I think to put it on the S you don't need the vacuum lines.

Not sure it's worth the bucks to pull it as it's still a few hours of labor (I don't have access to a lift to change it myself and I think you have to reprogram the computer anyway) -- unless I need it for another 991 some day. If anyone in the Rhode Island area wants to put one in their car next week ... PM me and let's make a deal(!), but I'm curious what you guys think a reasonable price for a PSE with about 8k miles on it is.

It is absolutely worth the price of entry if you don't have it, new or used. As many have said, the button is the first thing you reach for starting the car.

Or if anyone needs a stock exhaust for their base 991 ...

Last edited by vjd3; 05-01-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:14 PM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The PSE vacum lines should stay with the PSE, since the standard exhaust lines are different.

If you are includimg the PSE TwinTips, PSE Muffler & PSE Steel Braided Vacum lines, it should be worth an easy $1K.

Leave the switch in your car, so you don't have to uncode it.
It can operate valves on a Base S exhaust, PSE exhaust or Aftermarket exhaust, for the next owner.

Quick Reply: Value of a used PSE