Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 targa4 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 10:19 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 156 Posts

Thanks a lot - I am really happy with it! Think about those tail lights and you might see if you can look at them on a black 911. The red brakes pull the red in from the tail lights (and remember you'll have red interior bits, including the piping on the seatbelts). Last, even with the clear tail lights the lower set of rear markers is still red, which to me kind of ruins the effect. Check it out live if you can!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:42 AM
FergusH
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gj325
My build date is end of May. I was hoping the steering wheel would be the 918 wheel.

Enjoy in good health. Looks great!!!!
I saw pictures today of a 2016 Targa GTS with the sport wheel and it's the current design, not the 918-style wheel. Build date was the end of March.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:06 PM
bernpep
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wru
casaforte, nothing appreciable for turbulence that i sense. it's seems reasonable to me but again i've not owned a cab.

rzani - no other reason for not getting the pdcc than i didn't have it prior and don't know what i'm missing ;-) for what it's worth, the black with rhodium stitching really complements the silver bar well. i'm quite pleased with the color choices. the jet black metallic looks almost dark blue under clear texas skies, black with a little overcast. on the LED's, i have to say that LED ring light is pretty cool, and the light distribution in general is quite good. Happy i made that call.
I understand some small turbulence since it has a wide open top, that's fine.
However is there any truth to some reviews i've read about creaking noises from the top storage area over bumps or squeaking from the gasket & window glass?
Old 05-22-2015, 02:55 PM
bernpep
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rzani
I test drove two targas and didn't notice any squeaks or creaks either time when the top was up or down. But, I wasn't actively listening for it. It seems like some people actively look for noises like that and once they hear them it drives them nuts. As long as it isn't really loud it wouldn't bother me and there certainly weren't any obvious noises on my test drives. Of course, as the car ages that might change.
Thank you, you are right. I was all primed to buy one when I read a few mixed reviews. When I test drove one last week the experience was sublime.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:49 PM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 156 Posts

I have not heard any creaking or squeaking at all - turbulence as you would expect, but even at relatively high speeds it's more than acceptable.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:12 PM
T4Svet
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wru
I have not heard any creaking or squeaking at all - turbulence as you would expect, but even at relatively high speeds it's more than acceptable.
Agree 100%. I've had my Targa 4s for 4 months and not a single squeak or creak. Build quality is exactly as expected from Porsche - excellent!
Old 05-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Sharm
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Svet
Agree 100%. I've had my Targa 4s for 4 months and not a single squeak or creak. Build quality is exactly as expected from Porsche - excellent!
ditto. I also noticed watching the targa open and close there are no folding parts, as in the cab magnesium roof.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Everyone.......First post.....Great looking car.......I am about to order a Targa GTS...Selling my 1989 930 Cab ....seems like an even trade to me...... I have had it since 1988, picked up european delivery...Just time to go with the more updated car.... Drove the new GTS TARGA and loved it......Spent many hours deciding on a color....But Matt Henry at Porsche Exclusive help me build a great car......It was between CWM or Carmine Red.......after switching a billion times....going with CM with CM GTS interior. One change I am doing is replacing the BLack GTS Wheels with the TURBO S wheels. Has anyone seen a TARGA with the Silver/Black Turbo S Wheels?????? I know this will be unique, but am still curious to see a photo. Also, was thinking of replacing the Alcantera front seats with Red seat inserts......But not sure on that. All great comments and photos on this sight...I hope to add my car soon! Should be here in October "ish".....Last summer picked up my Cayenne Diesel in Stuttgart......saw about a dozen 918 being put on trucks....so cool
Old 06-19-2015, 02:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Werks 1
Hi Everyone.......First post.....Great looking car.......I am about to order a Targa GTS...Selling my 1989 930 Cab ....seems like an even trade to me...... I have had it since 1988, picked up european delivery...Just time to go with the more updated car.... Drove the new GTS TARGA and loved it......Spent many hours deciding on a color....But Matt Henry at Porsche Exclusive help me build a great car......It was between CWM or Carmine Red.......after switching a billion times....going with CM with CM GTS interior. One change I am doing is replacing the BLack GTS Wheels with the TURBO S wheels. Has anyone seen a TARGA with the Silver/Black Turbo S Wheels?????? I know this will be unique, but am still curious to see a photo. Also, was thinking of replacing the Alcantera front seats with Red seat inserts......But not sure on that. All great comments and photos on this sight...I hope to add my car soon! Should be here in October "ish".....Last summer picked up my Cayenne Diesel in Stuttgart......saw about a dozen 918 being put on trucks....so cool
I think we established elsewhere that the rear TurboS wheels are a different offset and probably will not work... fyi
Old 06-19-2015, 03:19 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I think we established elsewhere that the rear TurboS wheels are a different offset and probably will not work... fyi
The front TurboS wheels on the GTS have an offset of 51. That's the same offset as the front TurboS wheels on the TurboS.

However, the rear TurboS wheels on the GTS have an offset of 48. The rear TurboS wheels on the TurboS have an offset of 56.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:33 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I did read that somewhere ... But Porsche exclusive had included this option in my build so it must be ok... approved by Matt Henry as an CXX option code
Old 06-19-2015, 06:11 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Werks 1
I did read that somewhere ... But Porsche exclusive had included this option in my build so it must be ok... approved by Matt Henry as an CXX option code
Things are definitely starting to loosen us with GTS deviations. You'll see a UAE member here who got silver TurboS wheels on his GTS (pics start at post 784): https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...nd-you-53.html

Note that the wheels on the UAE car are silver rather than the silver/black that come on the TurboS model. Either way, they look great. Keep us posted Werks!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Werks 1
Racer

I will keep you updated.... Still can't do a lot of deviated stitching....but piping might be In The works
Old 06-19-2015, 08:56 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default 2016 targa4 GTS

Originally Posted by hinckley
Things are definitely starting to loosen us with GTS deviations. You'll see a UAE member here who got silver TurboS wheels on his GTS (pics start at post 784): https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...nd-you-53.html

Note that the wheels on the UAE car are silver rather than the silver/black that come on the TurboS model. Either way, they look great. Keep us posted Werks!
The UAE wheels are the GTS wheels (not Turbo ones) painted silver instead of black. Neat change though!
Old 06-20-2015, 07:09 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by STG991
The UAE wheels are the GTS wheels (not Turbo ones) painted silver instead of black. Neat change though!
Maybe a bit of semantics? Porsche's descriptions of the standard wheels on the GTS and the Turbo S as the same - 20" 911 Turbo S Wheels. Of course, the standard finish is different on the two models.

Quick Reply: 2016 targa4 GTS