Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll take the civic in the last picture. ��
Old 04-19-2015, 01:18 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 65 Posts

Really beautiful car Holli82! I ordered the Black/Garnet Red interior as well, and agree with you that all red seemed too much for me. My first car, a '59 AH 100/6 had red leather "sport" seats, what was left of them, and my '64 356C coupe has everything red leather by Autos International. I've got a a Guards Red '96 993 C2 coupe, so I guess I like red.

After listening to the Burmester system in a stationary Panamera I could not help myself. I cannot consider myself a true audiophile, but I have stayed with 2 channel systems at home. Luckily, I still have nearly all of my old LP's and a turntable. I gave in to digital to a small degree, just to be able to transfer LP's to the coming GTS. Somebody on the 991 forum gave an excellent explanation/primer on how to do all this stuff (you?). The wave of newer audio technology, along with the waves of many other contemporary systems, has left my mind bewildered.

Thanks also for your initial assessment of your car. One of the things that put me off the 991 for quite a while was the depth of the dash top, the slope and distance to the windshield, and the sense that the fenders are farther away and less visible. Thinking of the 991 as a bit more of a GT type is helping diminish my conscious awareness of these issues. I'd love to hear your perception of this as you become acclimated. Very interesting that the turbo's steering felt lighter. I wonder if the software is calibrated differently for awd, or did Porsche intentionally set up the GTS steering based on the GT3. A lot of possible variables with the software. Love your description of the turbo as "lights-out faster." Not sure I've ever heard a better one!

And the weather sure does look nice, especially after this past winter in New England. Best of luck with you new GTS. Hope you'll keep posting your impressions.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:31 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful car!! I ordered the same color combo sans the ducktail (may change in the near future). I like seeing how nice the Black/Garnet looks. Is that regular white or carrara white metallic? Again, trying to decide which I rather have. Right now I have plain white on order. Can you take another pic of the anodized aluminum to show the contrast against the dash. I have carbon fiber on my order but I like that anodized aluminum too. Congrats again.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:06 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 166 Posts

Loving the duck....
J
Old 04-19-2015, 02:14 PM
fl0950
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice car. Also an audiophile, and have the Burmester; you'll enjoy it and it will make a difference in sound. I have B&O in my 7 Series, and there's no comparison to the Burmester. Also, wait until you get the car broken in and can take advantage of the Powerkit. The sound for the last 2K RPM is addicting.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:36 PM
PDK1965
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car- congrats! Love that ducktail
Old 04-19-2015, 05:06 PM
hmkrpa
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car... Love the interior
Old 04-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for all of the positive comments. For those who are still waiting, it was definitely worth the wait for me. Very happy camper here.

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Love the car. Yours looks like the white version of mine (GT Silver), including the ducktail, CLs, black/red, and PDK. Only real difference is I got Bose (sounds great to my ear, so I didn't even listen to the Burmester) and SPASM and 14 way seats. It should be hitting Brunswick this week.

Thanks for all the pics. I too went in thinking to buy another Turbo, and got seduced by the GTS. For all the exact reasons you state.
I was ok with the wait until the ship docked and then it became painful. It seem liked everyone got their car before me. In reality, it was only a few days but it seemed like weeks.

Originally Posted by Grunty
I'll take the civic in the last picture. ��
I'm keeping the beater. Never know when I may to valet park. Nothing like pulling up to nice hotel/restaurant in the beater.

Originally Posted by kwikit356
Really beautiful car Holli82! I ordered the Black/Garnet Red interior as well, and agree with you that all red seemed too much for me. My first car, a '59 AH 100/6 had red leather "sport" seats, what was left of them, and my '64 356C coupe has everything red leather by Autos International. I've got a a Guards Red '96 993 C2 coupe, so I guess I like red.

After listening to the Burmester system in a stationary Panamera I could not help myself. I cannot consider myself a true audiophile, but I have stayed with 2 channel systems at home. Luckily, I still have nearly all of my old LP's and a turntable. I gave in to digital to a small degree, just to be able to transfer LP's to the coming GTS. Somebody on the 991 forum gave an excellent explanation/primer on how to do all this stuff (you?). The wave of newer audio technology, along with the waves of many other contemporary systems, has left my mind bewildered.

Thanks also for your initial assessment of your car. One of the things that put me off the 991 for quite a while was the depth of the dash top, the slope and distance to the windshield, and the sense that the fenders are farther away and less visible. Thinking of the 991 as a bit more of a GT type is helping diminish my conscious awareness of these issues. I'd love to hear your perception of this as you become acclimated. Very interesting that the turbo's steering felt lighter. I wonder if the software is calibrated differently for awd, or did Porsche intentionally set up the GTS steering based on the GT3. A lot of possible variables with the software. Love your description of the turbo as "lights-out faster." Not sure I've ever heard a better one!

And the weather sure does look nice, especially after this past winter in New England. Best of luck with you new GTS. Hope you'll keep posting your impressions.
If you still own vinyl and play music through 2 floor standing speakers, feel free to get your audiophile card stamped. Most of my collection is now is digital via a server but the amplification is vacuum tubes. I'm too lazy to shift a manual transmission so getting up to turn over an album is out for me.

I think Porsche did a fantastic job with the Garnet Red. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like it.

The larger dash is still taking me awhile to adjust to, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. (Probably my only real negative about the 991).

Originally Posted by shaytun
Beautiful car!! I ordered the same color combo sans the ducktail (may change in the near future). I like seeing how nice the Black/Garnet looks. Is that regular white or carrara white metallic? Again, trying to decide which I rather have. Right now I have plain white on order. Can you take another pic of the anodized aluminum to show the contrast against the dash. I have carbon fiber on my order but I like that anodized aluminum too. Congrats again.
My car is Carrara white. I'm not big into wings and appendages hanging off the back of my car, but I must say after seeing the ducktail on my car, I am very happy with the look.

Originally Posted by fl0950
Nice car. Also an audiophile, and have the Burmester; you'll enjoy it and it will make a difference in sound. I have B&O in my 7 Series, and there's no comparison to the Burmester. Also, wait until you get the car broken in and can take advantage of the Powerkit. The sound for the last 2K RPM is addicting.
I've had the car for three days and have yet to play with the stereo. The exhaust note is so nice to listen to. I'm looking forward to getting past the break-in so can let the Power-kit do it's thing.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:33 PM
woodrow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VERY NICE CAR ! I WENT WITH SAME BUT HAS AEROKIT CUP, MANUAL ,PDCC, INC PASM, 18 WAY SEATS -INC PREMIUM PKG ( NOT SURE WHAT THAT IS ) BOSE STEREO BUT WAS SUGGESTED TO INSTALL BURMESTER TWEETERS AND SUB WOOFER ANY ONE ELSE HEARD OF THAT ? FIRE EXT, AND A FEW OTHER SMALL OPTIONS..6-20-15 DELIVERY DATE WAS THINKING ABOUT PRE PAID SERVICE CONTRACT ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE CHIME IN
Old 04-19-2015, 09:07 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by John Helmer
VERY NICE CAR ! I WENT WITH SAME BUT HAS AEROKIT CUP, MANUAL ,PDCC, INC PASM, 18 WAY SEATS -INC PREMIUM PKG ( NOT SURE WHAT THAT IS ) BOSE STEREO BUT WAS SUGGESTED TO INSTALL BURMESTER TWEETERS AND SUB WOOFER ANY ONE ELSE HEARD OF THAT ? FIRE EXT, AND A FEW OTHER SMALL OPTIONS..6-20-15 DELIVERY DATE WAS THINKING ABOUT PRE PAID SERVICE CONTRACT ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE CHIME IN
lunarx has an excellent post on changing out the bose tweeters and sub here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8519...your-bose.html
Old 04-19-2015, 10:04 PM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by PDK1965
Beautiful car- congrats! Love that ducktail
+1
Old 04-21-2015, 01:19 AM
the2thdr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a seriously tasty vehicle. Very nice!

Ironically, I left behind a 2002 Honda Civic LX as my winter beater as well. But mine is genuinely beat up...yours looks to be in too good of a shape to be designated beater...lol.

Enjoy. That color combo is gorgeous.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:40 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by the2thdr
That is a seriously tasty vehicle. Very nice!

Ironically, I left behind a 2002 Honda Civic LX as my winter beater as well. But mine is genuinely beat up...yours looks to be in too good of a shape to be designated beater...lol.

Enjoy. That color combo is gorgeous.
Las Vegas beater....no snow or salt. Just a lot of sun.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:10 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts

Beautiful build and results!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:22 PM
GTSwest
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful GTS - nice to see another white GTS with a different build. I have the aerokit cup with painted side skirts and no sunroof, and your spec's are more premium...hmmmm burmester envy!

Quick Reply: Holli82's New GTS and Observations