Sponsored by:

FS: 2013 Carrera S w/ AeroKit Cup (991-S) Only 4900 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 05:39 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
vehicle has 21 months existing warranty, if it was close to up then i would add the CPO but honestly i think CPO is a load of crap.. owned over 15 911's and never had an issue that cost anywhere near "$2830+service for CPO"

that being said.. will do 94,750 BOTTOM LINE... TO SELL THE VEHICLE... THATS WHAT I'VE TOLD 2 SERIOUSLY INTERESTED PARTIES AND ILL TOSS THAT OUT HERE TOO...
CPO, load of crap?? So says you. One serious issue will set you back 3K in a day. Better covered than not covered!

On one of our email conversations you were making fun of me for just having a GTS, instead of a GT3 like you at the time. Little did you know, I don't even have a GTS, but a measly "S". Anyone who has talked to this guy will know what I'm talking about.

Good thing you've sold the GT3 and moved onto a Lamborghini. That crowd suits you better.

Last edited by STG; 05-28-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:29 PM
Michael15
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
CPO, load of crap?? So says you. One serious issue will set you back 3K in a day. Better covered than not covered!

On one of our email conversations you were making fun of me for just having a GTS, instead of a GT3 like you at the time. Little did you know, I don't even have a GTS, but a measly "S". Anyone who has talked to this guy will know what I'm talking about.

Good thing you've sold the GT3 and moved onto a Lamborghini. That crowd suits you better.
I chatted him about the car via email and was chastised for wasting his time because I did not want to pay his price. At the time I was looking for something under $90k but I readily admitted his car was worth much more than that considering all the options and condition of the car. I didn't value the options as much as someone else would have and that's the reason I did not want to pay that much. Is it worth that? Well to someone it will be for sure. At the time it was not for me. Someone will get a really nice car. I've become more educated on the value of these cars, largely in part to this thread and have something pending on something value wise very close to this car. Is it as good a car or as good a deal...maybe not but this guy's temper/attitude is just not worth it for me. Life is to short and there are to many other cars out there. Maybe he was having a bad day and if so then I hope things are better for him and he does make the transaction very enjoyable for someone.

Last edited by Michael15; 05-28-2015 at 07:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-28-2015, 07:41 PM
hawc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

price lowered to $95.5k
Will do $94,750 BOTTOM LINE TO SELL THE VEHICLE.
You'll go lower.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:55 PM
sanchezdds
Instructor

Originally Posted by Michael15
I chatted him about the car via email and was chastised for wasting his time because I did not want to pay his price. At the time I was looking for something under $90k but I readily admitted his car was worth much more than that considering all the options and condition of the car. I didn't value the options as much as someone else would have and that's the reason I did not want to pay that much. Is it worth that? Well to someone it will be for sure. At the time it was not for me. Someone will get a really nice car. I've become more educated on the value of these cars, largely in part to this thread and have something pending on something value wise very close to this car. Is it as good a car or as good a deal...maybe not but this guy's temper/attitude is just not worth it for me. Life is to short and there are to many other cars out there. Maybe he was having a bad day and if so then I hope things are better for him and he does make the transaction very enjoyable for someone.
I do not blame you for a bit. I think part of purchasing such a big ticket item is the experience we get from the whole process. I think sometimes it's better to just sell it to the dealership than go through the hassle of selling it, especially if you have a prickly personality IMHO.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:00 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

vehicle has 21 months existing warranty, if it was close to up then i would add the CPO but honestly i think CPO is a load of crap.. owned over 15 911's and never had an issue that cost anywhere near "$2830+service for CPO"
I rarely, if ever, endorse an extended warranty. But I think Porsche's CPO is a very good product.

Heck, you change cars like most change socks. So I can see why you have such a low opinion and appreciation of the Porsche CPO.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:19 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Riley,

A word of advice. Consider keeping your emotions in check if you are trying to help a friend sell a car. The market defines the fair pricing and so far the market is telling you to lower the price.

There are many 991s for sale.

GLWS. It is a beauty.

Mark
Old 05-29-2015, 06:00 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

you said you wanted the car but was not wanting to spend in the 90's. i told you then this is not the car for you as it will never be sold that low.

if i go to the apple store and say i want the new macbook but want to spend under 1k then they will tell me "the new macbook is not for you as it's 1299+tax"

it's just a fact of life, not chastising.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:05 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LexVan
I rarely, if ever, endorse an extended warranty. But I think Porsche's CPO is a very good product.

Heck, you change cars like most change socks. So I can see why you have such a low opinion and appreciation of the Porsche CPO.
it's a good product, for someone nearing the end of warranty.. but with 21 months remaining.. im 95% sure you could niggle out all the manufacturers defects prior to 21 months and 45k miles...

i might not keep cars long but i've owned 50k mileage 997 turbo's that i put 15k miles on without a fault (actually... excuse me.. the turbo had a stripped windshield wiper arm at 47k... which was fixed in 12 minutes and like 80$ (bolted on a new arm)...

i like to think of myself as handy, so i don't really even use warranty, i would rather fix something myself than have a dealer dicker around and have the vehicle for 4 days.... i had my 997 GT3 at the dealer for 3 weeks to "find and fix a rattle"... a rattle they eventually said "thats part of gt3 ownership".. i took the door skins off and fixed the rattle in 3 hours)..
Old 05-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Michael15
Instructor

No worries at all. I wish you all the best with selling your car.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:07 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Riley,

A word of advice. Consider keeping your emotions in check if you are trying to help a friend sell a car. The market defines the fair pricing and so far the market is telling you to lower the price.

There are many 991s for sale.

GLWS. It is a beauty.

Mark
have more than numerous serious inquiries on the vehicle... so the market is telling me that PCNA is too strict on loaning out money or people want to pay me cash on the side versus go thru the dealership to finish the sale..

unfortunately and fortunately "rennlist" is not the entire market.. it's a great resource for enthusiasts.. and a great place to get facts and find cars for sale.. but it's also a great place to find tire kickers and people who want to call you for 2 hours and then tell you they arent interested in your car but they might have a friend that is but he's not willing to pay anywhere near asking.. and get upset and make brash replies to your thread bashing you for not spending more time with them.. holding their hand... rubbing their back..
Old 05-29-2015, 06:08 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

No worries at all. I wish you all the best with selling your car.
thank you... i know you'll find a great non AeroKit Cup vehicle in your price range... or something newer with more miles.... tons of cars available out there for sure... personally dollar for dollar i would buy an 09 turbo manual trans over any 991 on the market... coupe ofcourse!.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:12 PM
hawc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread makes an important point. Namely that we all think our cars are worth a certain amount, but at the end of the day the car is only worth what you can sell it for. No more than that. If you can sell it for $100,00 it's worth that. If you can sell it for $90,000 it's worth that. Anything else is just a suggested price or a hoped for price.

When I sold my Cayman a year ago I had it in my head that my car was 'worth' $25,000. I listed it for sale and entertained a bunch of offers and in the end all I got for it was $22,000. That's what it was worth. That was the true market value of that car on that day at that time.

Free market economy. It's what we all live and die by.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:05 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

it's a good product, for someone nearing the end of warranty.. but with 21 months remaining.. im 95% sure you could niggle out all the manufacturers defects prior to 21 months and 45k miles...

i might not keep cars long but i've owned 50k mileage 997 turbo's that i put 15k miles on without a fault (actually... excuse me.. the turbo had a stripped windshield wiper arm at 47k... which was fixed in 12 minutes and like 80$ (bolted on a new arm)...

i like to think of myself as handy, so i don't really even use warranty, i would rather fix something myself than have a dealer dicker around and have the vehicle for 4 days.... i had my 997 GT3 at the dealer for 3 weeks to "find and fix a rattle"... a rattle they eventually said "thats part of gt3 ownership".. i took the door skins off and fixed the rattle in 3 hours)..
Makes sense. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:22 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

The only thing that makes sense to me is that what a seller thinks is/isn't of value to a buyer is irrelevant.

What matters is what a potential buyer wants! Try not insulting them either!

Can this car get sold already? Started out at over 100K asking price. It's losing $800/mo in depreciation just sitting wherever it is. Had this car been priced at 94K off the bat, it would have sold within 2 weeks.

Now in the hottest buying time of the year it's still being debated. Only issues with this sale is the price and the seller.

On top of it, he's looking to get a sales tax advantage of going through a dealer (min 5K tax savings).

We'll be seeing the drama all summer here.

Want it sold? Sell it for 94K WITH a CPO warranty. It will be sold within 10 days!

Last edited by STG; 05-29-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:14 PM
PDX991
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hawc
This thread makes an important point. Namely that we all think our cars are worth a certain amount, but at the end of the day the car is only worth what you can sell it for. No more than that. If you can sell it for $100,00 it's worth that. If you can sell it for $90,000 it's worth that. Anything else is just a suggested price or a hoped for price.

When I sold my Cayman a year ago I had it in my head that my car was 'worth' $25,000. I listed it for sale and entertained a bunch of offers and in the end all I got for it was $22,000. That's what it was worth. That was the true market value of that car on that day at that time.

Free market economy. It's what we all live and die by.

Well said. We all feel that we should be rewarded for our investment (financial AND emotional). With time and depreciation, the buyer ultimately accepts an offer that works for him. One thing that houses have that cars do not is the RMLS system that shows what was paid and how long it was on the market for. If you know someone has had the car for sale for 60+ days, then you know it's likely overpriced for what they're asking. If someone else sold a car in < 5 days then you would know they were lower or at the market price.

Quick Reply: FS: 2013 Carrera S w/ AeroKit Cup (991-S) Only 4900 Miles