Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 04:12 PM
hawc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is NO. I repeat NO rear facing child seat that will fit the back seat of the Porsche with the front passenger seat in a useable position that someone could actually sit in. None.

I have researched it thoroughly.

If anyone can prove me wrong I will PayPal them $100.

Nothing works.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:34 PM
leveragedsellout
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hawc
There is NO. I repeat NO rear facing child seat that will fit the back seat of the Porsche with the front passenger seat in a useable position that someone could actually sit in. None.

Nothing works.
I'm not sure if this is usable position but for a dwarf it would be alright. It is a Britax Marathon

But yes, general consensus, as I said in my previous post, is that you must have the passenger seat all the way up for any viable application. But no one ever offers up models that fit under those conditions, either. I assume that anyone asking this question understands they are eliminating the use of the passenger seat and need it for situations where it is just 911 driver and baby.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:41 PM
hawc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I'm pretty sure passenger seat pulled so far forward that it's half way up the side window isn't useable, but I'll double check. I'm actually pissed off that I can't get a rear facing child seat in this car with useable front passenger seat. I should have looked into it more throughly. It's going to mean buying a second car for when I have a child. Or selling the 991. I never assumed I could fit a full adult in the back seat but I did think I could get a baby in there. Dammit.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:11 PM
leveragedsellout
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing works.
Yeah I'm pretty sure passenger seat pulled so far forward that it's half way up the side window isn't useable, but I'll double check. I'm actually pissed off that I can't get a rear facing child seat in this car with useable front passenger seat. I should have looked into it more throughly. It's going to mean buying a second car for when I have a child. Or selling the 991. I never assumed I could fit a full adult in the back seat but I did think I could get a baby in there. Dammit.
I actually bought mine after learning we were having the kid. Traded in Tahoe. Father of the year over here. But the wife has an SUV so seemed like a good idea at the time.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:50 PM
GT325
Pro

Received 185 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat

Rear facing. Cybex Aton 2 fits fine front seat will fit persons 5'7" or less. So possibly usable. Works for my family. Although people do give use funny looks when 4 people get out of the 911 and I pull the stroller out of the frunk.

Please donate the 100 to rennlist.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:05 PM
mgent
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even in the above Britax picture, how do you get the kid in and out? Crawling across from the other side? As a sizeable guy (6'1", 210), I don't think I'd want to crawl in the back seat witht eh kid to get him strapped in every time...

FYI, I did the same... Once we had the 2nd kid, I got rid of my MB sedan and got a C4S for all-year driving... Figure the wife's car could handle the kids...
Old 08-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Ben McCallister
AutoX

Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
Rear facing. Cybex Aton 2 fits fine front seat will fit persons 5'7" or less. So possibly usable. Works for my family. Although people do give use funny looks when 4 people get out of the 911 and I pull the stroller out of the frunk.

Please donate the 100 to rennlist.
Do you know if the Cybex Aton Q has the same dimensions or does it have to be the Aton 2?

Also, any idea if there is any difference between the base 991 and the S?

I am going this weekend to buy one and I have the choice between a nice 991 C2 and a nicer 991 C2S Vert but I want whichever one is better for the Cybex to fit in.

(ANd don't say, a Cayenne, I already have one )
Old 08-25-2015, 06:46 PM
GT325
Pro

Received 185 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat

Can't comment on Aton Q vs 2. I have the Aton 2 and it works great. Best infant car seat I have used by far. Its engineered really nicely, in Germany I believe. I have used it in my 2012.5 C2S coupe and now my 2015 C2GTS coupe. Works great. I use the base with LATCH system behind passenger seat.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:36 PM
Porschephilliac
Intermediate

Great thread and info!
So based on the posts it's pretty clear what to choose for booster or infant seat, but how about the seat with restraints for the 2-4 year old? Right now I use a Britax Marathon in my C63 but it looks like it may be massive for my C2S cab coming in Nov.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:25 PM
Daekwan
Advanced

Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
Can't comment on Aton Q vs 2. I have the Aton 2 and it works great. Best infant car seat I have used by far. Its engineered really nicely, in Germany I believe. I have used it in my 2012.5 C2S coupe and now my 2015 C2GTS coupe. Works great. I use the base with LATCH system behind passenger seat.
Can you post a picture of how it looks with your kid in the car seat.. and a passenger in the front seat. One of the primary reasons for choosing a 991 over the new C7, is that I can actually fit a child seat back there and use the car as a daily driver.

Thanks!
Old 09-24-2015, 04:05 PM
ankuse
Track Day

Anyone figure out if Aton Q works as well or is it just the Aton 2?
Old 09-26-2015, 03:00 AM
Dan991
Advanced

Originally Posted by Daekwan
One of the primary reasons for choosing a 991 over the new C7, is that I can actually fit a child seat back there and use the car as a daily driver.
C7? I think you meant GT3. The seat situation would be the least of your worries with the C7 :-)
Old 09-26-2015, 09:08 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschephilliac
Great thread and info!
So based on the posts it's pretty clear what to choose for booster or infant seat, but how about the seat with restraints for the 2-4 year old? Right now I use a Britax Marathon in my C63 but it looks like it may be massive for my C2S cab coming in Nov.
This works well:
http://www.kiddy.de/us/car-seats/9mo...fix-pro-2.html
Old 10-16-2015, 03:58 PM
drsubie
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

am going through this same dilemma with my 3.5yr old, she weighs ~32lbs. Too small for a back-less booster; tried my Diono Radian XT (~about 2 yrs old model) and the top of it rubs up against the pillar--no go.

I may have to pony up for a Maxi Cosi Rodifix...
Old 10-16-2015, 05:34 PM
c615586
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by drsubie
am going through this same dilemma with my 3.5yr old, she weighs ~32lbs. Too small for a back-less booster; tried my Diono Radian XT (~about 2 yrs old model) and the top of it rubs up against the pillar--no go.

I may have to pony up for a Maxi Cosi Rodifix...
Check my post from a couple of months ago. The Evenflo SecureKid DLX is a 5 point harness that fits in the rear seats pretty well. It does take up a lot of space as it can't slide all the way back against the seat back. But as a low cost temporary solution until she's ready for a seat that uses the car's 3 point harness, it does well.

Quick Reply: Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat