Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 09:40 PM
TrappistMonk
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

A Diono RXT is heavy and leaves a gap at the rear base of the seat as ice9ine states, but it does fit. For longer drives, I use this since it has a harness seat belt and is a lot safer than the Cosco booster seat. I use the Cosco booster seat for the 1 mile drive to drop my 4 y.o off at daycare

Diono radian rxt car seat in a 991

Diono RXT car seat in a 991
Old 04-06-2015, 10:04 PM
SB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the setbacks in the back are too short for a booster. I believe the cack of the seat has to be at least tall enough to reach the middle of the back of the kids head

Originally Posted by Hurricane
I use the Cosco Top Side Booster on one side...

Amazon Amazon

...and the Porsche carseat on the other side.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/95504480291.html

The Cosco fits perfectly in the back. As another poster mentioned, the Porsche seat angles slightly. It is way overpriced for a booster seat (I know, shocking!) but I do like how it guides the seat belt for my younger children. I have a 4, 6, and 8 year old. Whatever two are riding with me, the youngest gets the Porsche booster. The both the 6 and 8 year old fit fine with the Cosco seat - the seat belt fits properly on them, not on the neck or too far on the shoulder. I still prefer the youngest in the Porsche seat, though. Eventually we will move on to Cosco seats on both sides as they outgrow the Porsche booster - my 8 year old is nearly too big for for the Porsche booster already.

Hope this helps!

BTW, first thing my son said when he rode with me: "Daddy, it sounds just like a race car!"

Why yes, son, yes it does....

They fight over who gets to ride with me...
Old 04-07-2015, 11:44 AM
leveragedsellout
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 991999R
i got a rearfacing in there...you have to play with the front seat though (basically all the way up and forward)
Which model seat?
Old 04-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
the setbacks in the back are too short for a booster. I believe the cack of the seat has to be at least tall enough to reach the middle of the back of the kids head
Not sure what you mean. On the Porsche car seat the head rest is adjustable. At its tallest setting, it is above the top of my oldest son's head. For the Cosco, their heads are all below the top of the back seat. (My kids are still very little.). When their head goes beyond the top of the back of the seat, they won't need the Cosco as a booster either to guide seatbelt placement. Without the Cosco booster, the seat belt will not be placed properly on them at their age.

The placement of the headrest to the back/top of their head is important but so is the placement of the seatbelt between their neck (not on neck) and shoulder. The Porsche car seat also addresses this.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:45 PM
SB
Instructor

Sounds like you're ok in terms of a setup. I currently have a Porsche seat and my tall 5 year old only has only around 1" of clearance to the ceiling, so I'm not sure what to do after that given that the car's rear seat backs are not tall enough to properly support his head if there is a crash. I'm wondering whether it is possible to just use the seat back portion of the Porsche child seat but without the bottom part so that he sits lower but still has head protection

Not sure what you mean. On the Porsche car seat the head rest is adjustable. At its tallest setting, it is above the top of my oldest son's head. For the Cosco, their heads are all below the top of the back seat. (My kids are still very little.). When their head goes beyond the top of the back of the seat, they won't need the Cosco as a booster either to guide seatbelt placement. Without the Cosco booster, the seat belt will not be placed properly on them at their age.

The placement of the headrest to the back/top of their head is important but so is the placement of the seatbelt between their neck (not on neck) and shoulder. The Porsche car seat also addresses this.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:48 PM
eonflux
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

Can someone post a pic of a rear-facing baby seat that fits in the 911?
Thanks!
Old 04-07-2015, 10:39 PM
Vaf
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

I think you are looking for a unicorn. The booster seats fit okay, but the likelihood of a rear facing fit is slim. Sorry.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:12 AM
TrappistMonk
Pro

Default Best seat back protection

Ok, yes, I know ... I am overly careful when it comes to my 991. But I just found the prefect seat back protection.

Picture attached. These are actually no-show lady socks. I have a black pair in my car and whenever my daughter rides with me, I pull them over her shoes. Keeps my car very clean and it cost only a few bucks. Best of all: no ugly kick mat in my car.

The following users liked this post:
JT_ (07-06-2019)
Old 04-24-2015, 09:19 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by TrappistMonk
Ok, yes, I know ... I am overly careful when it comes to my 991. But I just found the prefect seat back protection.

Picture attached. These are actually no-show lady socks. I have a black pair in my car and whenever my daughter rides with me, I pull them over her shoes. Keeps my car very clean and it cost only a few bucks. Best of all: no ugly kick mat in my car.

That's a great idea! I have been making my kids take their shoes off...
Old 04-24-2015, 09:43 AM
TrappistMonk
Pro

That's a great idea! I have been making my kids take their shoes off...
I did that as well in the beginning, but this is very easy and quick!
Old 04-24-2015, 01:48 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 387 Likes on 165 Posts

Nice! Love the idea...will implement this weekend!
Old 05-30-2015, 10:51 PM
hawc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eonflux
Can someone post a pic of a rear-facing baby seat that fits in the 911?
Thanks!
Yes can someone please post!

Can a rear facing car seat fit in the front passenger seat?
Old 05-31-2015, 08:50 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 387 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by hawc
Yes can someone please post!

Can a rear facing car seat fit in the front passenger seat?
You would have to deactivate the front and side airbags and I don't believe the 991 comes with the LATCH hooks in the passenger seat.

I wouldn't...
Old 05-31-2015, 11:20 PM
DadBat
Track Day

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
You would have to deactivate the front and side airbags and I don't believe the 991 comes with the LATCH hooks in the passenger seat.

I wouldn't...
Yup, and there's no button to switch the airbags off. I picked up two of the Porsche seats for my twins. They still need the backs and I like how they convert to a booster for when they are older. It's a cool feeling when your kids get just as excited as you do to ride in the car.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:54 AM
991999R
Rennlist Member

sorry gang, i haven't been around in a while. i will post the pic tonight but the details are that its the chicco keyfit 30 (i think)...http://www.chiccoshop.com/gear/car-seats/infant/

yes, it DOES fit...yes, it is almost impossible to do without having the passenger seat contorted into a grotesque pose but if you need to do it, it can be done.

Quick Reply: Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat