Sponsored by:

Front vent grills

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 02:35 AM
hoppah
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plenum
Zip ties? Who uses silly zip ties??? Geez, people around these boards don't appreciate DIY, but bitch about spending a couple hundred for someone else to do all the fabrication.... Rough crowd.

Oh, and I didn't use any silly zip ties. But I also didn't screw any holes into my bumper either....
I'm all about DIY, which is why I am curious about fabricating my own for $4 rather than paying $300. And how are yours mounted?

H.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:40 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hoppah
I'm all about DIY, which is why I am curious about fabricating my own for $4 rather than paying $300. And how are yours mounted?

H.
Check out my full DIY where I go over the approach I took to mounting the mesh from the inside of the bumper cover... I really didn't want any fasteners to show from the front or any other angle. And I didn't feel comfortable (at the time) with screwing the piece in place.

Here's the full write-up:Radiator Grill Installation

The short story is I used a combination of automotive trim adhesive/tape and some wire clips that I fabricated out of a decent 18 gauge coated wire. I've had them in now for almost a year and they haven't moved at all, no bends. Just doing their job!
Old 03-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
+1 quality product
Old 03-29-2015, 03:43 PM
hoppah
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plenum
Check out my full DIY where I go over the approach I took to mounting the mesh from the inside of the bumper cover... I really didn't want any fasteners to show from the front or any other angle. And I didn't feel comfortable (at the time) with screwing the piece in place.

Here's the full write-up:Radiator Grill Installation

The short story is I used a combination of automotive trim adhesive/tape and some wire clips that I fabricated out of a decent 18 gauge coated wire. I've had them in now for almost a year and they haven't moved at all, no bends. Just doing their job!
Thank you kindly - ordered some of the mesh and will be attempting this when it arrives. Loved the idea of making the template with wire.

I agree with others - Porsche should have put this mesh in at the factory. Pretty dumb exposing those delicate radiator fins like that.

H.

Quick Reply: Front vent grills