Sponsored by:

Need help finding engine code/motor type engraving on 991.1 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 09:44 AM
Curious Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Need help finding engine code/motor type engraving on 991.1 GTS

As the title states, I'm in need of some directions to find the engraved motor code/type (MA103S) on the engine of my 991.1 GTS. I've tried extensive searching for my model but came up empty... all I have found are the locations on predecessor model engines, the GT3/GT2s here on RL and a .1 GT3 on youtube. I'm guessing my protective undertray/cover needs to come off and the code will be in a similar location to those models, near the headers or along the bottom of the motor. To be clear, I'm aware of the engine lid plate with the specs...I'm looking for the actual factory engraving on the motor. Before I took a chance pulling the undertray and potentially just wasting time I thought I would ask the community.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Autobahnschreck
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

As per the factory workshop manual, it should be seen looking upwards from under the car, at the rear end of the crankcase. Interestingly, on my MA103 S this place is blank.
But I do have the manufacturing no. my motor. I believe I found it on the label where all the options are listed, in the operations manual, on the back of the cover page.

The following users liked this post:
Curious Cat (04-19-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 06:09 AM
Autobahnschreck
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have to correct my statement.
After thorough cleaning I found the manufacturing number of my MA 1.03 S engine in the place where it should be. It is engraved with a needle-type instrument, and the marking is extremely delicate. So it seemed to be blank on first sight.
It reads: MA 1.03 S F xxxxx * , where F stands for model year 2015 (manufactured until May 2015), and xxxxx for a five-digit individual number. According to the spare parts catalogue, these numbers count from 00501 through 60000.
In the factory supplied documents only the type numbers of engine ( MA 1.03 S ) and gearbox are to be found.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:23 AM
Curious Cat
Rennlist Member

Thanks a million! This is what I needed to know.
On a lighter note, I read your first response last night and felt the stress coming on...so it should be there and it's not...how will this pan out???
Seeing your revision today definitely raised my spirits on finding mine which I'll be trying to do in the next few days. Thanks again!
Old 04-23-2024, 06:16 AM
Curious Cat
Rennlist Member

@Autobahnschreck I found it yesterday without issue, right where it should be based on the diagram you provided.

Quick Reply: Need help finding engine code/motor type engraving on 991.1 GTS