Sponsored by:

Seat Memory Clear

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 03:23 PM
woodranch
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Seat Memory Clear

Thank you in advance for a few questions I have . I have just purchased a 2013 GT silver 991( if I need how to upload pictures I would). It is awesome !! My question is that the previous owner had his seats and side mirrors on memory, so evertime I get in the car it goes to his settings. I do not need the seat memory but want to know how to clear his setting and back to neutral ...help would be appreciated.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:26 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

Set everything to your liking. Then press and hold the button you want your settings stores on until you hear the chime. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 03-14-2015, 04:03 PM
pfan
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

If you use an iPad/phone, the Good to Know app. is an excellent resource.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/good...578575559?mt=8
Old 03-14-2015, 05:01 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 84 Posts

Memory, 3=stores to the key.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:41 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Set everything to your liking. Then press and hold the button you want your settings stores on until you hear the chime. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Maybe, maybe not. I don't know about a 2013, but on my 2015 GTS with 18 way memory seats, the seat memory is also stored on the key if "Auto Memory" is turned on in the Vehicle Settings/Locks in the MFD. I had the problem the OP mentioned when I took delivery of my car. The Auto Memory was set to on, and when the car was locked at the dealer, the seat memory settings were stored on the key. So even if I set the seats as I liked them, and pressed the memory button on the seats, when I unlocked the door, the seats would go back to the seat position stored on the key.

I had to set the seats as I liked them, and press the corresponding memory number, turn on Auto Memory, then lock the door with each key to get the "correct" seat positions stored on the key. Once I got everything like I liked it, I then turned off Auto Memory so that my key wouldn't "learn" any new stuff I didn't want if I had it in for service and tech moved seat and then locked door.

You can always override the the key memory by pressing the button on the seat memory on the door panel, but it was a PITA to do every time I unlocked the door and the seats went back to the wrong seating.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:55 PM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Always store to 3 and something else (1 or 2).
Then you can recover and store to 3 again.
Its true, auto memory (if enabled) can mess things up quickly.

Quick Reply: Seat Memory Clear