Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Interior package with leather seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015 | 06:45 AM
p987yow
Rennlist Member

Do a search on Alcantara wear. I researched this for my purchase - steering wheel and manual shifter wear, PDK shifter and seats do not wear. So I took the GTS Communication package and leather steering wheel, which then options the carbon fiber PDK shifter.
Old 03-03-2015 | 07:38 PM
GTSwest
Instructor

Agree with GSIRM3 - the GTS communications package is beautiful - I have it in rhodium. I find the alcantara provides a more comfortable seat in all temps and eliminates the need for the ventilation which is a must with a leather seating surface.
Old 04-11-2015 | 06:37 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Great looking interior with those Blue accents!

In a way, I like it better than my Racing Yellow. I had a 2009 Cayenne GTS, bought it in early 2014 with 71k miles. The Alcantera on the drivers seat had some abrasion. Not sure what caused that, but maybe a big guy with rough jeans or an over-aggressive detailer? So there may be a durability issue. Those seats weren't as hot as I expected here in Central FL last Summer, tho.
My Cayman S has full leather interior with vented seats and they definitely feel great on hot days.

Racing Yellow interior accents and RY seat belts.
Old 01-21-2017 | 12:51 PM
Vinyljunkie
2nd Gear

Default Leather Interior GTS

I recently purchased a demo GTS with Garnet Red Interior. I've always been a fan of red and loved the Agate Grey and felt the alcantara interior would give no contrast and not a fan of dark in and out. I Love the combination but wish the tach had a traditional red face. I'm going to do the chrono face in red to add a slight contrast. I do love the traditional GTS interior though. Does anyone know how to find out how many were made with my specific options?
Attached Images  
Old 01-21-2017 | 01:36 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Yes, you still get "GTS" embroidered on the headrests without the GTS Interior Package with the standard alcantara seats.

I hated the thought of the alcantara seats and wheel but after some time I would not do it any other way. See zero wear and it feels awesome on the seats and wheel.

Love the new expanded alcantara section on new GTS seats. Don't pass them up! Only wish you could get alcantara with non-black leather.
Old 01-21-2017 | 02:22 PM
Dude174
Racer

I "test drove" alcantara in our previous S5, I was pleasantly surprised. Also since by GTS build is pretty stripped, I won't mind f$&k not getting ventilated seats since they aren't available with alcantara.
Old 01-21-2017 | 02:36 PM
Yard Dog
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vise
Not possible with the GTS package... you can however spec a hybrid that comes somewhat close. My car has the leather/alcantara interior with ventilated leather seats. I'm a fan of alcantara but ventilated seats were a priority for me... couple pics below.

I have never seen a painted interior I liked before, but yours looks great.
Old 01-21-2017 | 03:24 PM
roadwellheeled
Intermediate

I spec'd my 991.1 GTS with full leather rather than alcantara. As someone who tends to hold onto their cars for a long time I was concerned about the wear of alcantara. I just feared that dermal oils, accidental spills etc would leave aspects of the interior with a sheen of a cheap suit over time. I'd choose this option again if given the opportunity.

-Todd
Old 01-21-2017 | 04:44 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

i haven't been able to figure out a way either on the configurator, once you pick the GTS design interior the seats and steering wheel go to alcantara. i had it on my GT3 and the seats are livable but the steering wheel isn't..I don't like that at all except for track events where you wear gloves..

i plan to pick the GTS leather package where its partial alcantara on the pillars and partial dash panels.
Old 01-21-2017 | 06:37 PM
Benedict14
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jlee504
i haven't been able to figure out a way either on the configurator, once you pick the GTS design interior the seats and steering wheel go to alcantara. i had it on my GT3 and the seats are livable but the steering wheel isn't..I don't like that at all except for track events where you wear gloves..

i plan to pick the GTS leather package where its partial alcantara on the pillars and partial dash panels.

In that case, I have some excellent news for you - You can keep the GTS Design interior and have a leather steering wheel. Check the Sport Design steering wheel option box in the configurator. It deletes the alacantra and adds the new leather wheel.

Enjoy !
Old 01-21-2017 | 08:27 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by Vise
Not possible with the GTS package... you can however spec a hybrid that comes somewhat close. My car has the leather/alcantara interior with ventilated leather seats. I'm a fan of alcantara but ventilated seats were a priority for me... couple pics below.

My all time favorite interior. If I ever have the opportunity to order a 911, I would get Sapphire Blue with the painted interior. Yours is gorgeous!
Old 01-21-2017 | 08:38 PM
randr
Banned

Originally Posted by FergusH
Hmm...tricky. I also like the GTS interior but I'm worried about the Alcantara and in particular how it'll wear as a seat covering. Options, options... (Now I'm even looking at a black leather interior 911 turbo so maybe my question will end up being moot!)
Alcantara is very hard wearing, it is brilliant in hot or cold climates and holds you in your seat. Visually the A pillars and roof lining look stunning. In contrast leather wears relatively quickly

In my view Porsche have got the GTS interiors nailed (I have a 981 GTS) the only item I would have added is some contrasting stitching.
Old 01-21-2017 | 08:43 PM
randr
Banned

Originally Posted by FergusH
Hmm...tricky. I also like the GTS interior but I'm worried about the Alcantara and in particular how it'll wear as a seat covering. Options, options... (Now I'm even looking at a black leather interior 911 turbo so maybe my question will end up being moot!)
Alcantara is very hard wearing, it is brilliant in hot or cold climates and holds you in your seat. Visually the A pillars and roof lining look stunning. The Alcantara steering is more tactile and works better in your hands on track.

In contrast leather wears relatively quickly - the front seats will develop a sheen and will crease - as often as not the drivers seat looks very worn, the passenger seat less so and the rears less again - e.g. the car looks dated after three years - Alcantara stays the same

In my view Porsche have got the GTS interiors nailed (I have a 981 GTS) the only item I would have added is some contrasting stitching.
Old 01-21-2017 | 09:24 PM
Rezus
Racer

It is odd because you can order a full GTS interior with full leather on a Macan GTS but not 911.
Old 01-22-2017 | 09:41 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by randr
Alcantara is very hard wearing, it is brilliant in hot or cold climates and holds you in your seat. Visually the A pillars and roof lining look stunning. The Alcantara steering is more tactile and works better in your hands on track.

In contrast leather wears relatively quickly - the front seats will develop a sheen and will crease - as often as not the drivers seat looks very worn, the passenger seat less so and the rears less again - e.g. the car looks dated after three years - Alcantara stays the same

I agree. I was concerned about the Alcantara, but went ahead and got the GTS interior package on my 2015 991 GTS. I am so happy I did. It is very comfortable, and the contrasting red stitching, read and black seat-belts, carbon fiber trim, leather dash, and other bits are beautiful. Mine looks brand new after two years of ownership.

It's is a very expensive package since Porsche makes you pay for leather, plus the GTS interior package, but looks great.

Quick Reply: GTS Interior package with leather seats?