Sponsored by:

Front Defroster settings

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 08:06 PM
PDX991
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Front Defroster settings

A question: I live in the Pacific NW where it doesn't necessarily freeze but because of the rain and high humidity, my interior of the car fogs up quickly and often. I have the climate control set on Auto, and on my Audis, there's an option for heat and front window defrost.

On the 991, if you hit front window defrost, it blows full speed and won't let you adjust the speed. I need a constant small amount blowing at the windshield, but not the full clear my windshield of ice level.

Is there anyway to activate partial window front defrost?
Old 12-12-2014, 02:56 AM
Scottish Pete
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the same problem on my first drive in the rain last week. The defroster button works quickly but runs at high and immediately cooks you out of the car. Apparently for quick defrost only and not intended to be left on for long periods.
Push the right button showing the little seat with arrow going up to the windshield. Close all the vents blowing towards you . . . center vents and side vents by rolling the wheels down to the bottom to close them. Set the temperature at 72 and fan speed at three bars. The air conditioning button red light should not be lit up.
Kept it clear without overheating the inside of the car.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 886 Posts

I don't have a 991, but on my PNW-residing 981 there is a somewhat obscure menu selection that allows air to be sent to the topmost vents on the dashboard. I'm pretty sure mine is enabled -- not 100% certain, but in any case, interior fogging is minimal and occurs only at the base of the windshield. Does the 991 have a similar feature, and if so, have you tried toggling it to see if it helps?

Also, be sure your glass interior surfaces are as clean as you can get them. Windows that already have dirt or plasticizer film seem to be more prone to fogging.

Quick Reply: Front Defroster settings