Sponsored by:

GTS owners!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 08:21 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Gah, well, Black LED's (XEY) will delay my car by at least a month or two. I switched back to regular LED's (602) just now. Just in time for my alloc to lock, like... now.
I'd wait an extra month or two.

You'll have even more time after delivery looking at the silvers wondering why didn't I get the black???
Old 12-12-2014, 08:24 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
I'd wait an extra month or two.

You'll have even more time after delivery looking at the silvers wondering why didn't I get the black???
You know, under normal circumstances, I'd completely agree with you. I think these would look fantastic in Black LED's (I previously had another 991 with Black HID's and they were fantastic looking). But, sadly, this time, I weighed the situation and decided I wanted this specific car sooner.

I've got others that I'm waiting on, that I'd get with Black LED's, etc... Those, I'm less eager to get soon, and more eager to get perfect (i.e., they'll be PTS colors*).

* I had to do Sapphire Blue on my GTS since I wasn't willing to wait for the PTS window. Granted, I love Sapphire. It's hot. It's awesome. But, it's not Maritime Blue, or Mexico Blue, or Chartreuse.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
You know, under normal circumstances, I'd completely agree with you. I think these would look fantastic in Black LED's (I previously had another 991 with Black HID's and they were fantastic looking). But, sadly, this time, I weighed the situation and decided I wanted this specific car sooner.

I've got others that I'm waiting on, that I'd get with Black LED's, etc... Those, I'm less eager to get soon, and more eager to get perfect (i.e., they'll be PTS colors*).

* I had to do Sapphire Blue on my GTS since I wasn't willing to wait for the PTS window. Granted, I love Sapphire. It's hot. It's awesome. But, it's not Maritime Blue, or Mexico Blue, or Chartreuse.
Sigh, its tough, but I have a suspicion that the PTS windows are going to get harder and harder to secure over time ... not impossible, just difficult!

lichtgren anyone?
Old 12-12-2014, 08:43 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Sigh, its tough, but I have a suspicion that the PTS windows are going to get harder and harder to secure over time ... not impossible, just difficult!
Indeed. Hopefully my patience pays off for future Porsches. I'm usually completely fine waiting for the cars later in the run (in fact, I usually prefer later builds). This particular one (the GTS), however, will be taking on daily driver duties. Otherwise, I'd be waiting for the window to open in June/July (I can't remember when Brett told me it'd likely reopen).

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
lichtgren anyone?
Birch Green is hot. I'm partial to Chartreuse / Lime Green (226), though.

Quick Reply: GTS owners!