Sponsored by:

another GTS ordered

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 07:31 PM
megacondenser
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another GTS ordered

So, I've been reading - lurking really - all these new GTS build threads over the last few weeks with interest. So much that I decided to order one of my own yesterday. I know these build posts are getting a bit old but I figured what the hell, I'll go full koolaid and post my order up here on RL. The quality and variety of opinions in the discussions about builds has been immensely helpful.

I'll be trading my 2012 platinum C2S; arrival is expected very late March. I can't believe how excited I am. I'm actually a bit ashamed of myself; I've been a bit giddy all day over it.

This isn't my first 911 but it is the first car I've ever custom ordered and I now understand the part about the wait being excruciating.

911 Carrera GTS
Exterior Color Racing Yellow
20-inch 911 Turbo S wheels, painted in Black
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) combined with PASM sports chassis (- 20 mm)
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Premium Package Plus in conjunction w/Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
Interior Colour Black leather interior incl. Alcantara Package GTS Rhodium Silver
GTS Communication package
Instrument dials in silver
BOSE® Audio Package
ParkAssist (front and rear)
Smoking package
Luggage net passenger footwell
Fuel filler cap with Aluminium Look finish

http://www.porsche-code.com/PFIK4MZ1
Old 12-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

love the color ... not so keen on PDCC ... if you haven't driven an SPASM/PDCC car I would encourage you to do so if possible... you could save yourself some money

I dont think the 911 needs PDCC ... and SPASM *might* be a bit aggressive for the street...

regardless you have a beautiful build ... tick tock ... enjoy!
Old 12-06-2014, 07:40 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Awesome build. Welcome to The Club.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:59 PM
megacondenser
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
love the color ... not so keen on PDCC ... if you haven't driven an SPASM/PDCC car I would encourage you to do so if possible... you could save yourself some money

I dont think the 911 needs PDCC ... and SPASM *might* be a bit aggressive for the street...

regardless you have a beautiful build ... tick tock ... enjoy!
Thanks!! I'm actually really excited about the PDCC. I 100% agree that the 991 is beautifully set up without it and the GTS will probably be even more so, but I thought I'd maybe try something a bit different from what I'd had. I've owned two SPASM 991s and love the stance and ride.

With all of the talk about PDCC here though, I made sure to drive a few cars - a C2S with just PDCC, a C2S with SPASM/PDCC and even a Turbo with PDCC just for the hell of it. I really liked the SPASM/PDCC combo and decided to go for it, but it was a decision not made lightly, and I'm not totally sure I won't wake up tomorrow and decide to change it, to be truthful. It was easily the biggest nail biter of the config decisions.

I had a yellow 991 C2S that was stolen last Christmas and my 5 yr old daughter cries about it still, the platinum replacement just didn't do it for her. She's almost as excited as I am.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:59 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Racing yellow!! Nice.

I have SPASM on my 991 C2S wouldn't have it any other way. Without it, the car is too high and big fender/wheel gap.

Congrats!
Old 12-06-2014, 08:18 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Stolen??

Yikes.

Did they ever find it. Curious on the story behind it if you don't mind.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:28 PM
SDaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fabulous build. My wife is trying to get me to change our order to Racing Yellow before it locks.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:32 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have Bose. Have you considered the Burmeister stereo? I don't know how important the audio is, but I am very glad I have the Burmeister system in my TTS. It is an amazing stereo.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:32 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SDaddy
Fabulous build. My wife is trying to get me to change our order to Racing Yellow before it locks.
DO IT!
Old 12-07-2014, 06:34 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by megacondenser
Thanks!! I'm actually really excited about the PDCC. I 100% agree that the 991 is beautifully set up without it and the GTS will probably be even more so, but I thought I'd maybe try something a bit different from what I'd had. I've owned two SPASM 991s and love the stance and ride.

With all of the talk about PDCC here though, I made sure to drive a few cars - a C2S with just PDCC, a C2S with SPASM/PDCC and even a Turbo with PDCC just for the hell of it. I really liked the SPASM/PDCC combo and decided to go for it, but it was a decision not made lightly, and I'm not totally sure I won't wake up tomorrow and decide to change it, to be truthful. It was easily the biggest nail biter of the config decisions.

I had a yellow 991 C2S that was stolen last Christmas and my 5 yr old daughter cries about it still, the platinum replacement just didn't do it for her. She's almost as excited as I am.
sorry to hear about your car getting stolen, that sucks!

I can understand the SPASM choice, and I'm glad that you got to test the technology before buying ...

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts once you actually start to drive the car!

enjoy!
Old 12-07-2014, 12:09 PM
megacondenser
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG991
Stolen??

Yikes.

Did they ever find it. Curious on the story behind it if you don't mind.
Bit of a crazy story actually.The car was stolen from my garage last Christmas. Winter arrived here in Toronto with a crazy ice storm. No power, phone, telecom in my neighborhood or much of the city for days. We were down for five frigid days. It sucked. Anyone who could just left and went to hotels or family who had power; the neighborhood was pitch black, downed trees and power lines. An actual ghost town. Nights were plain creepy.

I took my family out to get warm at some crappy pasta joint and got back two hours later to a ransacked & looted house, and an empty garage and driveway. They stole every small valuable they could find, found my keys for my cars in my lame hiding spots, and drove my cars onto flatbeds. My first '12 Racing Yellow 991S and a brand new S4. They would have taken my wife's 1 series cabriolet, but a downed tree was blocking garage, lol. They took the keys anyway.

It was done by a pro Russian car theft/burglary ring that stole dozens of cars and burglarized the homes. They'd break in, steal small valuables including spare keys, then come back a couple days later and just drive the cars away. The ice storm just made it that much easier in my case, and many others that week.

The 911 was located in Lithuania!! Boxed up and sent out through corrupt shippers through the port of Montreal, apparently. I don't know many details because the case is before the courts, but they nabbed 9 people involved and found rooms full of jewelry, watches, handbags. It's been news around here, since they recovered millions of $ worth of stuff.

The detectives won't say much but the whole sting operation was called "Project Yellowbird" in the media - it was hinted a couple times that they named the operation after my car, and one of the detectives is apparently a huge Porsche fan, but again, the police aren't telling me much to not jeopardize the case.

Needless to say, my home security is now much tighter, and my keys all now live in a very hefty floor safe when not in use.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:13 PM
megacondenser
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991TurboS
You have Bose. Have you considered the Burmeister stereo? I don't know how important the audio is, but I am very glad I have the Burmeister system in my TTS. It is an amazing stereo.
I did consider it. It is obv the better option but just isn't a priority, and to repeat cliches, I prefer the engine note, I listen to a lot of talk/news/audiobooks spoken word stuff, a car is not a place for audiophiles, etc. I would have actually probably just gotten the base, but appreciate the noise canceling features on the Bose because I end up taking calls when I'm driving, unfortunately.

Last edited by megacondenser; 12-07-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:00 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did consider it. It is obv the better option but just isn't a priority, and to repeat cliches, I prefer the engine note, I listen to a lot of talk/news/audiobooks spoken word stuff, a car is not a place for audiophiles, etc. I would have actually probably just gotten the base, but appreciate the noise canceling features on the Bose because I end up taking calls when I'm driving, unfortunately.
Hey, no problem. It is a personal choice, of course. I like the engine note, even moreso now with the GMG exhaust I just had installed, but I like my tunes wherever I go.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 204 Posts

Bit of a crazy story actually.
Wow, just a bit! That is crazy, I'm in Toronto as well and remember reading about that case in the news.

Makes me think I'll need to take some extra security precautions when my GTS arrives...
Old 12-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Bit of a crazy story actually.The car was stolen from my garage last Christmas. Winter arrived here in Toronto with a crazy ice storm. No power, phone, telecom in my neighborhood or much of the city for days. We were down for five frigid days. It sucked. Anyone who could just left and went to hotels or family who had power; the neighborhood was pitch black, downed trees and power lines. An actual ghost town. Nights were plain creepy.

I took my family out to get warm at some crappy pasta joint and got back two hours later to a ransacked & looted house, and an empty garage and driveway. They stole every small valuable they could find, found my keys for my cars in my lame hiding spots, and drove my cars onto flatbeds. My first '12 Racing Yellow 991S and a brand new S4. They would have taken my wife's 1 series cabriolet, but a downed tree was blocking garage, lol. They took the keys anyway.

It was done by a pro Russian car theft/burglary ring that stole dozens of cars and burglarized the homes. They'd break in, steal small valuables including spare keys, then come back a couple days later and just drive the cars away. The ice storm just made it that much easier in my case, and many others that week.

The 911 was located in Lithuania!! Boxed up and sent out through corrupt shippers through the port of Montreal, apparently. I don't know many details because the case is before the courts, but they nabbed 9 people involved and found rooms full of jewelry, watches, handbags. It's been news around here, since they recovered millions of $ worth of stuff.

The detectives won't say much but the whole sting operation was called "Project Yellowbird" in the media - it was hinted a couple times that they named the operation after my car, and one of the detectives is apparently a huge Porsche fan, but again, the police aren't telling me much to not jeopardize the case.

Needless to say, my home security is now much tighter, and my keys all now live in a very hefty floor safe when not in use.
*holy* ****!

Quick Reply: another GTS ordered