Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More help needed on GTS build

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014 | 02:00 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Still restless
I was naive to think I was done with my build. After more reading/pictures, I'm having second thoughts on Agate Grey leather interior on GT Silver. The pictures I've seen seem to show a slight olive tint, not as appealing as the coffee-colored tint I saw on the showroom sample.

For the coffee color, I'm thinking Espresso may be closer to what I'm looking for. Coupled with the better leather, I'm about ready to make the change. Before doing so, I'm looking for input from all on the combination of Espresso with GT Silver. If this combination does not work, I'm probably just going to go with black. Thanks.
My 911_50 has the Agate leather/houndstooth interior, and in 6 months of blissful ownership there is no circumstance where I have seen an olive hue.
On the other hand, I have seen 2 or 3 911's in GT Silver on Espresso - it is beautiful - I would have NO hesitation in that combination whatsoever.

Good luck with your build!

Cheers,
Martin
Old 12-03-2014 | 10:10 AM
Still restless
Instructor

Originally Posted by VIC_50th
My 911_50 has the Agate leather/houndstooth interior, and in 6 months of blissful ownership there is no circumstance where I have seen an olive hue.
On the other hand, I have seen 2 or 3 911's in GT Silver on Espresso - it is beautiful - I would have NO hesitation in that combination whatsoever.

Good luck with your build!

Cheers,
Martin
Martin, thanks, I needed that. This makes me more comfortable with Espresso. To brighten things up a bit, I think I would change the trim to aluminum vs carbon to go with Espresso. Do you remember what color seat belts those Espresso 911's had?
Old 12-03-2014 | 10:11 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerry991
Most beautiful I have ever seen was the black and red interior with the GT Silver although it was on a Turbo and I don't know if it is available on a GTS.
+1. GT silver with full red or black/red interior is incredible. Red may sound flashy to some but the red leather interior is tasteful and has a classic look and feel to it.
Old 12-03-2014 | 11:23 PM
Still restless
Instructor

Originally Posted by sportscentury
+1. GT silver with full red or black/red interior is incredible. Red may sound flashy to some but the red leather interior is tasteful and has a classic look and feel to it.
I found out today that I have about one week before my build is locked in. I intend to look into the black/red combination before making the final decision.
Old 12-03-2014 | 11:44 PM
jsr991
Instructor

I found out today that I have about one week before my build is locked in. I intend to look into the black/red combination before making the final decision.
Keep an eye on your lock date they seem to be locking early. Mine was scheduled for Dec 12 and it locked today with no prior warning
Old 12-04-2014 | 12:50 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Martin, thanks, I needed that. This makes me more comfortable with Espresso. To brighten things up a bit, I think I would change the trim to aluminum vs carbon to go with Espresso. Do you remember what color seat belts those Espresso 911's had?
I don't recall - which makes me think they were boring black standard belts.
Old 12-04-2014 | 09:49 AM
Still restless
Instructor

Originally Posted by jsr991
Keep an eye on your lock date they seem to be locking early. Mine was scheduled for Dec 12 and it locked today with no prior warning
Appreciate the heads-up. I'll touch base with my dealer to avoid a nasty surprise. What is your build scheduled to take place?
Old 12-04-2014 | 10:22 AM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Whenever I'm in dream land.... um I mean on the configurator, I spec out silver gauges and silver seat belts to go with the GT Silver paint which would look good with the Espresso and aluminum trim. But I don't think it would look good with the red and black.
Old 12-04-2014 | 09:39 PM
jsr991
Instructor

Appreciate the heads-up. I'll touch base with my dealer to avoid a nasty surprise. What is your build scheduled to take place?
I don't remember the build date. He did walk me through the dates but the only one I remember is my delivery date at the dealership March 6th.
Old 12-05-2014 | 08:22 PM
Still restless
Instructor

Originally Posted by jsr991
Originally Posted by sanyata
Whenever I'm in dream land.... um I mean on the configurator, I spec out silver gauges and silver seat belts to go with the GT Silver paint which would look good with the Espresso and aluminum trim. But I don't think it would look good with the red and black.
With the warning about build lock-in dates moving up, I rushed to my dealer on Dec. 4 to make changes to my build. The new (final) version:

P3E Premium package plus
P3H Bose audio package
U2 GT silver metallic
NE Natural leather interior in Espresso
425 Rear wiper
602 LED headlights
638 Park assist with reversing camera
651 Metal sunroof
712 Delete GTS on side doors
XAT SportDesign package
XUB Headlight cleaning cover in car color
CNG Painted rear fascia
XAJ Painted side skirts
352 Dynamic chassis control
487 Manual transmission
423 20" Carrera S wheels
XD9 Wheels painted in exterior color
345 Heated steering wheel
581 Luggage net in passenger footwell
583 Smoking package
714 Delete alcantara
844 Multifunction steering wheel
P06 Power sport seats (14 way)
998 Natural leather interior
XMP Sun visor in leather
XNS Steering column casing in leather
EGC Brushed aluminum interior package
XYC Gear shift lever in brushed aluminum
XYE Center concole trim in brushed aluminum
671 Voice control
658 Power steering plus

The surprise came at the end of my visit as my sales rep. and I looked at the build/production status in Porsche's system. We saw the change freeze point was to be Dec. 5. So, my changes got in just in time. This date had been Dec. 18 earlier in the day. Delivery is schedule for late March. Thanks again for the warning.

After comparing the Espresso vs Agate in the showroom, I was comfortable with it. It's definitely more coffee/dark brown vs the slight tint of olive in the Agate. With the trim in brushed aluminum, I think that's a winning combination.

I also decided the ducktail looks good, so it's on the build. Thanks to all that provided input that made me reconsider my earlier choices. Now it's done, and I can finally relax.
Old 12-05-2014 | 08:46 PM
STG
Race Director

With the warning about build lock-in dates moving up, I rushed to my dealer on Dec. 4 to make changes to my build. The new (final) version: P3E Premium package plus P3H Bose audio package U2 GT silver metallic NE Natural leather interior in Espresso 425 Rear wiper 602 LED headlights 638 Park assist with reversing camera 651 Metal sunroof 712 Delete GTS on side doors XAT SportDesign package XUB Headlight cleaning cover in car color CNG Painted rear fascia XAJ Painted side skirts 352 Dynamic chassis control 487 Manual transmission 423 20" Carrera S wheels XD9 Wheels painted in exterior color 345 Heated steering wheel 581 Luggage net in passenger footwell 583 Smoking package 714 Delete alcantara 844 Multifunction steering wheel P06 Power sport seats (14 way) 998 Natural leather interior XMP Sun visor in leather XNS Steering column casing in leather EGC Brushed aluminum interior package XYC Gear shift lever in brushed aluminum XYE Center concole trim in brushed aluminum 671 Voice control 658 Power steering plus The surprise came at the end of my visit as my sales rep. and I looked at the build/production status in Porsche's system. We saw the change freeze point was to be Dec. 5. So, my changes got in just in time. This date had been Dec. 18 earlier in the day. Delivery is schedule for late March. Thanks again for the warning. After comparing the Espresso vs Agate in the showroom, I was comfortable with it. It's definitely more coffee/dark brown vs the slight tint of olive in the Agate. With the trim in brushed aluminum, I think that's a winning combination. I also decided the ducktail looks good, so it's on the build. Thanks to all that provided input that made me reconsider my earlier choices. Now it's done, and I can finally relax.
Congrats! Now the wait! Ha ha. At least the build stress is done. Good thing you made the cut off in time.
Old 12-05-2014 | 11:15 PM
jsr991
Instructor

Great looking build, so glad you made the cut off.

Quick Reply: More help needed on GTS build