Sponsored by:

911 4 GTS Cab - Feedback Please,

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Zane S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 911 4 GTS Cab - Feedback Please,

Good morning on Thanksgiving Day - Happy and Healthy day to you and yours!

I am in the process of putting a 911 4 GTS Cab (4th one); and I would like to get feedback from the group.

Currently, I have the 911 4S Cab GT-Silver with Yachting Blue Interior. I am contemplating the GTS Cab as Agate grey/Pebble grey interior with the dark Blue metallic exterior / Red roof. Few exceptions: dealer whom I have known for 10 years indicated (NE Ohio Location) that I can get the instrument dials/sport chrono in silver. Also, seatbelt in silver grey. The wheels Carrera Classic in lieu of the Turbo S. This is different than what the Porsche CC shows I can do with the Agate grey/Pebble grey leather combo.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for your input.

- Z
Old 11-27-2014, 10:22 AM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Zane S
Good morning on Thanksgiving Day - Happy and Healthy day to you and yours! I am in the process of putting a 911 4 GTS Cab (4th one); and I would like to get feedback from the group. Currently, I have the 911 4S Cab GT-Silver with Yachting Blue Interior. I am contemplating the GTS Cab as Agate grey/Pebble grey interior with the dark Blue metallic exterior / Red roof. Few exceptions: dealer whom I have known for 10 years indicated (NE Ohio Location) that I can get the instrument dials/sport chrono in silver. Also, seatbelt in silver grey. The wheels Carrera Classic in lieu of the Turbo S. This is different than what the Porsche CC shows I can do with the Agate grey/Pebble grey leather combo. Again, Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for your input. - Z
i think the GTS would look stunning in DBM. Not sure why more people don't order this. As for the red roof, this is just me but I personally don't think it would look good with blue unless you're going for a 'superman' look. Think your interior color choice is fine also, with silver sports chrono dials
Old 11-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Good morning on Thanksgiving Day - Happy and Healthy day to you and yours!

I am in the process of putting a 911 4 GTS Cab (4th one); and I would like to get feedback from the group.

Currently, I have the 911 4S Cab GT-Silver with Yachting Blue Interior. I am contemplating the GTS Cab as Agate grey/Pebble grey interior with the dark Blue metallic exterior / Red roof. Few exceptions: dealer whom I have known for 10 years indicated (NE Ohio Location) that I can get the instrument dials/sport chrono in silver. Also, seatbelt in silver grey. The wheels Carrera Classic in lieu of the Turbo S. This is different than what the Porsche CC shows I can do with the Agate grey/Pebble grey leather combo.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for your input.

- Z
I know that you can order the silver belts, but I think that the dev inst dials are not available on the GTS (unless you order the comms pkg) maybe your dealer know differently. Also re: the wheels, I dont think the Carerra Classic was offered only the Carrera S wheels .

I agree with the other respondent DBM and a red roof dont do it for me ... I'f go with either black or blue. I'd try so see a car in real life with that combo before getting stuck with that.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:55 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

I have a DBM GTS Cab on order and agree with the other posters. I'm skeptical about a red roof with DBM. If I did go in that direction though, I'd go the whole way with black/Garnett red interior.

As far as the wheels go, maybe your dealer is going to switch out the factory wheels when the car arrives. Also, the silver dials are only available with the full alcantara comms package. Maybe he's thinking about white dials?

I also know that the GTS is not available with any deviating or special order options. I had had a long dialog with the Porsche Exclusive folks about very some customized orders, but that door was quickly slammed shut when I moved my order to a GTS.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Zane S
Advanced

Dear Sharm, Larry, Hinckley -

Thank you so much for your feedback. Much appreciate you taking the time to respond to my comments.

- Z
Old 11-29-2014, 07:57 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Dear Sharm, Larry, Hinckley -

Thank you so much for your feedback. Much appreciate you taking the time to respond to my comments.

- Z
Hope you enjoy your GTS cab!!!
Old 11-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Zane S
Advanced

Larry - Good morning.

You can count it

Quick Reply: 911 4 GTS Cab - Feedback Please,