Sponsored by:

When ordering a car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 06:36 AM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default When ordering a car...

When you place a custom order for a new Porsche is it customary to get a discount, or do dealers only discount cars on the lot?
I thought I read a thread a while back where people posted how much of a discount they got when they ordered a cars.
If so, what kind of discounts could one expect to get?
% off?
Old 11-25-2014, 07:33 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

This has been covered already so many times. Yes you can get a discount. Amount depends on your negotiating skills, dealership's motivation and market dynamics.

Go re-read those other threads. Good info there.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 11-25-2014, 11:49 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

+1 LexVan.... This is another "old" topic.

However, I would just add that if you truly want to get the best deal you need to fully understand HOW the dealers operate, what motivates their move on pricing, their costs, incentives, allocations, volume, and more. Because you may think you should get a specific price, or discount, but without all of the knowledge in those topics you are merely shooting in the dark. Yes, there are "customary" types of discounts everyone talks about, and some people get incredible deals - but every single situation is different. Yes, a car on the lot, which is cost the dealer $$ per square foot it occupies every day it sits there, is going to be a different negotiation experience than walking in and asking the sales adviser to fire up their PC to custom order you a car they haven't invested anything in just yet. It could go either way in that case....

Polling everyone about what their discount experience (or not) was is like predicting weather based on what everyone experienced yesterday....

So yes, research this and other forums....

Good luck!
Old 11-25-2014, 12:25 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Somehow duplicated my post..... Sorry.

Last edited by plenum; 11-25-2014 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Somehow duplicated my post..... Sorry.

Quick Reply: When ordering a car...