Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Membership rejection

Old 11-17-2014, 11:19 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by freeman
I have just renewed my membership for two years. However I wish to reject it so I ask how I can get my money back.

I am very tired of the people who do not have membership in this board but impose their insulting, ignorant, uninformed opinions of things they know little of. If they have nothing constructive to contribute to this board, try silence in the absence of knowledge. This board used to be informative and kind.

How do I get my membership fees back? At this point it is a waste of money.
You signed up for RL over a decade ago and you don't know how to PM a moderator?

Oh wait, then you couldn't engage in public drama. Sorry, I get it now.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:31 AM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good advice here is to just take a break for a while. in lieu of anything new to discuss, smart ***-ery will dominate. i find it amusing but if i do find it getting stale, i just step back. i don't expect a linear daily return from my membership investment. life is good; you're driving a porsche
Old 11-18-2014, 12:34 AM
hawc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
You don't know how to PM a moderator? Oh wait, then you couldn't engage in public drama. Sorry, I get it now.
Seriously.

A moderator has offered you a full refund. Take the money and leave.

And don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:05 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
So...should I get the base or the S?
Neither, unless of course it doesn't have the 7MT nor the PDK.
But don't forget to tick the HSW box! - unless of course you live and drive in a climate controlled garage.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:40 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by freeman
I am very tired of the people who do not have membership in this board but impose their insulting, ignorant, uninformed opinions of things they know little of. If they have nothing constructive to contribute to this board, try silence in the absence of knowledge. This board used to be informative and kind.
Unfortunately, I've seen this happen to other forums as well. Things change, the people flow in and out, and when it's something as large and as popular as this forum, a lot can happen. I concur that the majority of unhelpful posts come from non-paying members, many of whom don't own a Porsche. And there are folks like me who only pay for membership when it directly benefits me (such as when I need to sell something). Otherwise, I figure that all of the ads pay to support the forum, so why should I give them any money? The companies that run these things make a huge amount of money. However, making everyone pay to contribute does tend to keep out the riff-raff.

Originally Posted by hawc
Seriously.

A moderator has offered you a full refund. Take the money and leave.
I don't think that the offer came from a moderator. Moderators tend to be, you know, more moderate.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:59 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

I was never aware that one had to pay for a membership to participate in this forum.

I still don't understand what the criticism is for those who aren't "paying members" vs. "paying members". I really think that has no bearing on the quality of posts from either group. As you can see, this great educational post was started by a "supposedly paying member".

I though forums like this operated by selling advertising and having company sponsors.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:09 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

I can assure you that there are many people here that pay the "big bucks" to play in this sandbox and who inject worthless comments at every juncture, so it is not just the "users" who bring the level of discussion down to the LCD.

As someone suggested, PM a moderator and perhaps they will agree to a refund or perhaps you should play it forward and pay for a membership for a "user" who adds high value to the discussions?

Better yet, think of this as an opportunity to demonstrate how to communicate in a forum of this nature and perhaps some of your outstanding abilities will rub-off on the not-so-fortunates.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have very high hopes for this thread. At least I pay good money to dispense my uniformed opinions and I will try to amp up my insults.

Regards,
Philip

P.S. If you need me... I'm at your mom's house.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

The poster went of the deep end about some light hearted comments that were not disrespectful or personally insulting in the "what's this for" thread.
Clearly he was having a bad day or something because his reaction was totally off kilter in relation to the 'offense".
Chalk it up to a bad day and move on. It happens.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:54 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
I have very high hopes for this thread. At least I pay good money to dispense my uniformed opinions and I will try to amp up my insults.

Regards,
Philip

P.S. If you need me... I'm at your mom's house.
I tried very hard to not be amused by this ... but alas, I must admit defeat. Hilarious.

Sincerely,
Paying member who still appreciates juvenile insults when properly delivered
Old 11-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Grunty
The poster went of the deep end about some light hearted comments that were not disrespectful or personally insulting in the "what's this for" thread.
Clearly he was having a bad day or something because his reaction was totally off kilter in relation to the 'offense".
Chalk it up to a bad day and move on. It happens.
Exactly. The whole situation reminded me of this immediately... no offense to the OP of course.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by sportscentury
I tried very hard to not be amused by this ... but alas, I must admit defeat. Hilarious.

Sincerely,
Paying member who still appreciates juvenile insults when properly delivered
Thank you and you're welcome. The real joke of course is to complain about a $30-something annual fee for a forum for $100+K cars. It's so retarded it is melting my brain.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:37 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Thank you and you're welcome. The real joke of course is to complain about a $30-something annual fee for a forum for $100+K cars. It's so retarded it is melting my brain.
Only $16. It's $32 for 2 years.

Your brain just melted a little more. Oooouch.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by LexVan
Only $16. It's $32 for 2 years.

Your brain just melted a little more. Oooouch.
LOL! Dear lord... I gotta chime in on the other membership benefit thread...
Old 11-18-2014, 12:06 PM
draxa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just loving this thread.......not quite as lively and cutting as the pre-Presidential-election ( Obama #1) OT forum banter but if it simmers away for a few pages, who knows??

Used to get really lively on the 997 forum five/six years back (pace OCBen, BlueJay.....) about any number of topics, most of which someone could nudge into a contentious exchange. I miss those days, guys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Membership rejection