Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful build.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Vetsky
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsmitty
Talked to my dealer today and was told my car has finally left Halifax. Though he didn't say which day it left
I left a message at my dealer. Although I'm leaving for a couple of weeks. Best case for me even if the car comes in would be the weekend of the 10th.

Originally Posted by sketch
Beautiful build.
Thanks! I can't wait to see it.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:23 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 328 Likes on 202 Posts

Did you end up getting your car? Where are the pics?
Old 01-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Vetsky
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys,

So my life has been super hectic over the last few weeks. With travel for work and just a bunch of stuff going on, I haven't had time to update this page. It looks like many have received their GTS's and they all look great.

Believe it or not my GTS only got delivered to my dealer yesterday. I basically called him and told them to have the car this week or cancel the order. That seemed to worked. My sales rep went in on a Sunday to receive the car.

Here is a pic he took for me.

A couple of observations.

1) It looks like I did not receive the blacked out LED lights.
2) The car looks silly without the front lip installed.
3) The ride hight looks to be very high and there appears to be a large gap between the wheel and the fender. Maybe they need to do something during the prep.
4) I already love it, even though I'm looking at a crappy iPhone shot

Hopefully I will pick it up tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:21 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetsky
Hey guys, So my life has been super hectic over the last few weeks. With travel for work and just a bunch of stuff going on, I haven't had time to update this page. It looks like many have received their GTS's and they all look great. Believe it or not my GTS only got delivered to my dealer yesterday. I basically called him and told them to have the car this week or cancel the order. That seemed to worked. My sales rep went in on a Sunday to receive the car. Here is a pic he took for me. A couple of observations. 1) It looks like I did not receive the blacked out LED lights. 2) The car looks silly without the front lip installed. 3) The ride hight looks to be very high and there appears to be a large gap between the wheel and the fender. Maybe they need to do something during the prep. 4) I already love it, even though I'm looking at a crappy iPhone shot Hopefully I will pick it up tomorrow.
Awesome!

They are shipped with spacers in the shocks. You got SPASM, don't worry. It will drop quite a bit with them out. Just make sure the dealer takes them out. Many, many stories about clueless dealers leaving them in and owners not realizing it. I think one poor guy after a year or so.

Looking forward to more pics.

Congrats
Old 01-26-2015, 10:24 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

They are blue plastic and stand out if you look into the wheel well at the shocks. There are many posts with info about them. I believe they're only on the front and they are removed as part of the dealer prep process.

I've yet to see a delivered car with the black LED's posted anywhere. I think they became available later, and some guys are still having problems seeing them on the online build options.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Vise
Drifting

Congrats man, what a beauty! Looking forward to more pics after pickup...
Old 01-26-2015, 12:59 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Hey guys,

So my life has been super hectic over the last few weeks. With travel for work and just a bunch of stuff going on, I haven't had time to update this page. It looks like many have received their GTS's and they all look great.

Believe it or not my GTS only got delivered to my dealer yesterday. I basically called him and told them to have the car this week or cancel the order. That seemed to worked. My sales rep went in on a Sunday to receive the car.

Here is a pic he took for me.

3) The ride hight looks to be very high and there appears to be a large gap between the wheel and the fender. Maybe they need to do something during the prep.

Congratulations on a beautiful car. I just took delivery of mine a few days ago and it is fantastic. Regarding your LED headlights not being black, did you order the black ones, or the regular ones? I think the xenon lights in black are standard on the GTS, but if you order LED's you have to specify the regular or black, with the black ones costing a little more. Is it possible that you did not specify black LED's on your order? If you did order the black ones, maybe it is just the picture that makes them look like the regular LED's.

In your initial post where you listed your build, you listed your headlights as Full LED, with an option code of 602. If I am reading the Porsche configurator correctly, that code is for the regular LED's, not the black LED's. Black LED's seem to give a code of XEY.

Good luck.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:19 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 584 Likes on 273 Posts

XEY are the black LEDs
Old 01-26-2015, 05:34 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8

XEY are the black LEDs
deleted

Last edited by GSIRM3; 01-27-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

XEY are the black LEDs
looks like your dealer owes you some black leds ...
Old 01-26-2015, 05:46 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 584 Likes on 273 Posts

Sorry guys, that's my build not OP. He does NOT have the BLACK LEDs ordered, while I did.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
looks like your dealer owes you some black leds ...
Yeah I don't think so... Vetsky ordered his car before they updated the configurator to include the black LED option. Unfortunate but for the first couple months it was the standard LED only.

Not that it matters to me, I went with the regular black bi-xenons...
Old 01-26-2015, 07:20 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Sorry guys, that's my build not OP. He does NOT have the BLACK LEDs ordered, while I did.
Oops. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Yeah I don't think so... Vetsky ordered his car before they updated the configurator to include the black LED option. Unfortunate but for the first couple months it was the standard LED only.

Not that it matters to me, I went with the regular black bi-xenons...
me2

Quick Reply: My GTS - Journal