Sponsored by:

Great Expectations and the 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 11:05 AM
wanderfalke
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great Expectations and the 991.2

There is such a high bar set here for the new release. There are threads running where members are expecting a new version with 500 plus hp, lots of free included options, and a price drop. I am relatively new here, is this a common occurrence just before a new release? No wonder when the new version is announced it will be received with a luke warm welcome. To be clear I do like free stuff but....
Old 11-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

No it is all speculative bull. It is the internet, after all.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:41 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

There is a thread on "the other" Porsche forum that quotes a German language car mag that seems to have much more reasonable and realistic info on the facelift.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:54 AM
nh4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it follows the same curve as the Cayman GT4 it should go something like this:

- The rumor starts, cooler heads look at Porsche history and come up with an idea of what the lineup will look like based on what's happened in the past.
- The rumor gets into the press and a race for clicks and eyeballs starts. The rumor mill adds on a third shift and each article builds on the hype of the one before it.
- Leaks come out from "sources": Porsche insiders, dealers, imaginary friends, etc. These end up being a mix of the two points above.
- Reality sets in and though it may not look exactly like what the initial level-headed, history-based rumors stated at the beginning, but it's usually much closer to that than the journo-hype click-machine.

For Porsche right now, I would say if the rumor doesn't slot nicely on the graphs detailed in the thread below, then it is likely nothing more than rumor.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...tatistics.html

-nh4.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,598 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
There is a thread on "the other" Porsche forum that quotes a German language car mag that seems to have much more reasonable and realistic info on the facelift.
+1 I think Auto Und Sport is pretty reliable ... and the figures quoted seem reasonable ... unllike the 520bhp 3.8L S model suggested ...

Quick Reply: Great Expectations and the 991.2