Sponsored by:

2 year anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 12:18 AM
Justin N
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2 year anniversary

I just realized that with all of the news about the anniversary of hurricane Sandy, it's the 2 year anniversary of owning my C2, my first ( and certainly not last) Porsche. I figured I share my somewhat unique delivery experience with you guys.

After dealing with a few less than scrupulous dealers in the Chicago area where I was living at the time, I decided to scour the internet for my perfectly optioned car. For whatever reason the glass sunroof was a must have for me( and my wife- very important!). It was hard to find a glass sunroof car at the time as Porsche had temporarily removed that from the options list. So I googled option 958 which is the glass sunroof code and found only a few cars in the whole country with that option. I found an almost perfectly optioned C2 at Paul Miller in NJ, which just happened to be around the corner from where I grew up and where my parents still lived. I called the dealer, and after just a little back and forth we struck a deal. I booked the one way ticket for the following week I got ready to pick up the car.

That's when Sandy hit. Everything on the east coast was shut down. The dealership had water actually coming in the front door! My salesman kept in contact with me the entire time, taking care of paperwork, etc. My flight wasn't for another week, so I hoped for the best. The day before I went to pick up the car I got a call from my salesman, he said the power was back on, but the phones and internet was still out, but we were still a go. My parents made a surprise visit to the dealer just to make sure a tree hadn't fallen on the car or something- I think my dad just wanted to check out the car though. When I showed up the next day, I was informed that I had to wait a little bit longer, as my salesman ( and most of the staff) were waiting in line at the gas stations for 3-4 hours to fill up the cars, including mine! Now that's some salesman! Normally I wouldn't care about the full tank of gas, but that was actually a big problem as no place in the area had gas and I was at the beginning of a long road trip.

So, after a a very thorough review of all of the electronics, etc ( well over an hour) a spin around the block and some signing of papers, I was on the road. I drove to DC that night to pick up my wife who was visiting her sister there, and then the day trip back to chicago. That first trip sealed the deal. I have never driven that long in a car ( a performance car no less) and felt better after the trip than when I started. Truly amazing! It's been a great first two years, with more to come.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:09 AM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts

Yes that was some week to ten days here in Jersey (my local dealer is PM) - they must have been really hungry for your business.
No power for your house/business or gas for your car and even cell phone service was very spotty. Everyone's life was in limbo for at least a week... I ended up driving around in the 991 because it had gas in it!
Old 10-31-2014, 02:11 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story! I've leased two 911s from Paul Miller and I also think they're fantastic.

Quick Reply: 2 year anniversary