Sponsored by:

Iphone Control on PCM

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 06:14 PM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by findtom
Marcus I'm quite tech savvy and I didn't know this. Are you sure? I don't think you can see the play lists unless you plug in the phone via USB. I am also fairly sure (although these things change quickly in tech) that there isn't any bluetooth protocol yet that supports this?

However, I accept that I could be mistaken and quite wrong....
This is also my experience and was explained to me as such by the dealer (I know that doesn't mean much).

I can stream via BT to PCM, but artist/song information does not show up on PCM and I cannot navigate folders through PCM. To change the song (other than going < or > one song) I have to use the phone.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:12 PM
pprj
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by findtom
All that said there some issues that Porsche are aware of with the iOS and PCM connection. In my car, every now and then the BT Audio just won't connect at all, even though my BT is connected and BT Audio says it is available (you just can't select it from the source menu). When this happens the only solution I have found is to just turn the car off and wait for about 5 mins. Reconnecting and disconnecting has no effect. Porsche say, (and maybe rightly so) this is an Apple issue.
Tom
I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S7. I also tried an updated iPhone. Same problem. This is a Porsche issue, not Apple, not Samsung, not iOS, not Android.

Since my car is CPO I'm asking the PCM to be replaced. I'm not sure it will fix the problem, but want to give it a shot anyways.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Jammin
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the iPhone plugged in glovebox, do you turn off the iphone each time you exit, then turn it on again the next time you go, or do you just turn off the ignition and let the iPhone be?

Quick Reply: Iphone Control on PCM