Sponsored by:

European Delivery Insurance Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014 | 11:49 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Default European Delivery Insurance Question

Hi guys,

Just received my European Delivery Package, it appears that only collision coverage and third-party liability insurance are included.

Does this include comprehensive insurance? For example am I covered if the car was stolen in Europe?

I also can't seem to find any information on deductibles, anyone have knowledge of that?

If comprehensive insurance is not included, can you purchase it from somewhere else?

F
Old 09-30-2014 | 01:06 PM
Hugh Jardon
Advanced

I did ED back in July 2014. You are completely covered if the vehicle is stolen. You do need to have both keys in your possession though. If you only have one key, how is the Zurich Insurance Co going to know you just didn't have the car "removed" somewhere to collect on the insurance.

Also, i recall the deductible for total loss is quite high, maybe 4000 euro or something like that

I don't think personal belongings are covered if they are stolen inside the vehicle, however the damaged caused to the car by the theft would be covered (Broken glass, ripped convertible top etc).

We brought our two young kids along and avoided major cities for the most part and stayed in the German countryside where theft/vandalism etc is reduced. We didn't end up with a scratch on our car, and the most we got were approving grins, thumbs up and polite nods applied to our car from passersby.

It should be included on the paperwork when you pick up from the factory, the ED handover folks will let you know where all the deductible info and other things are listed in your insurance docs.

You will have a blast, post pics when you get pick it up...and watch out for the robots in the factory tour!
Old 09-30-2014 | 05:26 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
I did ED back in July 2014. You are completely covered if the vehicle is stolen. You do need to have both keys in your possession though. If you only have one key, how is the Zurich Insurance Co going to know you just didn't have the car "removed" somewhere to collect on the insurance.

Also, i recall the deductible for total loss is quite high, maybe 4000 euro or something like that

I don't think personal belongings are covered if they are stolen inside the vehicle, however the damaged caused to the car by the theft would be covered (Broken glass, ripped convertible top etc).

We brought our two young kids along and avoided major cities for the most part and stayed in the German countryside where theft/vandalism etc is reduced. We didn't end up with a scratch on our car, and the most we got were approving grins, thumbs up and polite nods applied to our car from passersby.

It should be included on the paperwork when you pick up from the factory, the ED handover folks will let you know where all the deductible info and other things are listed in your insurance docs.

You will have a blast, post pics when you get pick it up...and watch out for the robots in the factory tour!
Thanks for this, I will be careful with that, I have the very bad habit of leaving on key inside the car sometimes...

4k is a lot, you can pretty much repaint you whole car for that price...

May be this is only my experience, till today I haven't really had good experience with the Porsche European Delivery program . Hopefully this changes...

Jamie at ED has been impossible to get a hold of, I have send her 4 emails, so far, each of them I got an (out of office respond), and her back to office time would usually be a week later. It took me close to 3 weeks just to get a confirm date for the delivery. For the pass week, I called and emailed Jamie about this particular insurance question. I got nothing back...

They also seem to have summer interns (multiple) working on many legal documents. Whoever that started my ED document was a summer intern, and was gone after my ED process initiated, but no one notified me, so I have been emailing my documents to someone who no longer works at porsche...

Whoever is responsible for my document went was another intern and got my name wrong on the power of attorney form... And again, took a lot of chasing around to get it fixed.

There is very limited information on the website, and inside the ED package I received. Simple information such as insurance details should be included in the package.

On the other hand, my dealer was excellent, but he doesn't know as much as those who are responsible for the ED...
Old 09-30-2014 | 05:40 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fowwiee
Thanks for this, I will be careful with that, I have the very bad habit of leaving on key inside the car sometimes...

4k is a lot, you can pretty much repaint you whole car for that price...

May be this is only my experience, till today I haven't really had good experience with the Porsche European Delivery program . Hopefully this changes...

Jamie at ED has been impossible to get a hold of, I have send her 4 emails, so far, each of them I got an (out of office respond), and her back to office time would usually be a week later. It took me close to 3 weeks just to get a confirm date for the delivery. For the pass week, I called and emailed Jamie about this particular insurance question. I got nothing back...

They also seem to have summer interns (multiple) working on many legal documents. Whoever that started my ED document was a summer intern, and was gone after my ED process initiated, but no one notified me, so I have been emailing my documents to someone who no longer works at porsche...

Whoever is responsible for my document went was another intern and got my name wrong on the power of attorney form... And again, took a lot of chasing around to get it fixed.

There is very limited information on the website, and inside the ED package I received. Simple information such as insurance details should be included in the package.

On the other hand, my dealer was excellent, but he doesn't know as much as those who are responsible for the ED...
Btw love your color, your blue looks great with those wheels! Now I wish I ordered mine in blue! My dealer discouraged me from ordering this blue... So I ended up ordering white...
Old 09-30-2014 | 05:59 PM
Hugh Jardon
Advanced

Thanks for the kind words regarding the color scheme. White is likely to have a better resale value. I don't plan on ever selling my car so I chose the blue since it is a little more of a rare color combo, and I always wanted a Blue Porsche since I was about 5 years old.

Anyway, Jaime almost never replies to customer e-mails and phone calls. The people who work under her do. I dealt with Jordan Brown for the power of attorney form. She not only answered e-mails, she answered her phone too!

Jordan Brown
Sales Operations

Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
980 Hammond Drive NE, Suite 1000
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: 770.290.3774
E-mail: external.jordan.brown@porsche.us

Give her a try if she is still there. I think Jaime mainly deals with the dealer inquiries. The ED people are pretty good at making sure everything is handled correctly, so rest assured your paperwork will be squared away in time for factory collection.
Old 09-30-2014 | 06:30 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
Thanks for the kind words regarding the color scheme. White is likely to have a better resale value. I don't plan on ever selling my car so I chose the blue since it is a little more of a rare color combo, and I always wanted a Blue Porsche since I was about 5 years old.

Anyway, Jaime almost never replies to customer e-mails and phone calls. The people who work under her do. I dealt with Jordan Brown for the power of attorney form. She not only answered e-mails, she answered her phone too!

Jordan Brown
Sales Operations

Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
980 Hammond Drive NE, Suite 1000
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: 770.290.3774
E-mail: external.jordan.brown@porsche.us

Give her a try if she is still there. I think Jaime mainly deals with the dealer inquiries. The ED people are pretty good at making sure everything is handled correctly, so rest assured your paperwork will be squared away in time for factory collection.
Jordon was actually the one that got my paper work going and etc. Yes she answered phone calls, email and etc! Everything was fine till she left, unfortunately she is not longer at Porsche...

I don't plan on selling mine or at least not for a very long while. I guess white is cheaper, I guess if I really can't take white, I can wrap it blue!

Quick Reply: European Delivery Insurance Question