Sponsored by:

Fabspeed x pipe..how loud?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Tallguy123
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabspeed x pipe..how loud?

Hi, I just ordered a set of Fabspeed maxflo side mufflers for my 991 C2, non S, non PSE. really not looking for HP gains things like that, just wanted a bit better sound.
The sides can be combined with a centre muffler bypass x-pipe but I am afraid that it will be too loud.

1) I was wondering if anyone just has their side mufflers on and could comment on the loudness and quality of sound compared to OEM?
2) Or someone with both Fabspeed side mufflers and the x pipe and could comment as well?

Again just looking for an improvement in sound without being too loud. Hard to judge by just hearing all the youtube videos out there..so any comments would help and many thanks in advance!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Olcha911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I took a different approach, with the headers & low-restriction cats, X-pipe going into stock side mufflers. It is only a little louder than stock under 3k rpm, and growls nicely above 3k. I would just ask if you can return the X-pipe if you buy it. In general the Fabspeed mufflers are a lot louder than stock.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:15 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm thinking about a side muffler solution, or the Agency side muffler "delete" option. 30lbs of dead weight aft of the wheels is going either way as soon as the warranty is up.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:21 PM
mjgoetzi
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's damn loud in a good way. Full fabspeed set up on my DD 991cs. No real drone but it sounds aggressive all the time. Side mufflers delete the sport function.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed x pipe..how loud?