She's a beauty! Enjoy
Old 09-29-2014 | 01:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

more pictures!
Old 09-29-2014 | 01:36 PM
vaderone
Advanced

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Only took two pics so far. Will do more.

My baby was a floor model and the salesperson quietly told me that the manager wants to move this one (so that discounted by $11,000 since 2015 models were hitting the floor). Originally I was going to order C2 cab but when I could get a S model for a bit more, I was sold. At first I was a little apprehensive of the Aerokit due to the large wing in the back but it grew me pretty quickly. The other aspect that sold me was that PASM came standard with all wheel drive (which is pretty neat).

The options are Standard Interior Black, PDK, Carrera Classic Wheel, Park Assist F&R, PDLS, Sport Chrono, Sunroof Glass, Power Steering Plus, Power Sports Seats 14 Way with perm package, Aerokit, and Ornamental Porsche Crest (trying figure out what this is).

Even though were I live doesn't snow it rains a lot and it definitely feels like it drive on rails. I have had many cars with the button ignition but turning the key and waking up the car provides such a visceral experience (kudos to Porsche for sticking with that). The confidence this car imbues to the driver is amazing. I have been a long time BMW guy and even bought on the first Corvette C6's but Porsche is totally at another level!

What I didn't expect after 40 years of dreaming is the beautiful sounds of the exhaust that you hear and feel. It is awesome. I find myself driving in sports mode most of the time! The gas needle really moves quickly in this mode, but its worth it!

My only niggles are the rattles that I am working through based upon the wonderful information that is provided on this forum. Appears to me that when metal clips are attached to other metal pieces there will noise. I guess with such a stiff suspension and multitude of engine frequencies it must be impossible to cover all vibrations.

I really appreciate information and camaraderie of this forum. Some of the other forums for other brands are not as supportive. I am not really active poster but read the forum on a daily basis.

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2014 | 12:16 AM
lbahoshy
Instructor

Congratulations ! A real beauty !
Old 10-01-2014 | 09:28 AM
deactivateduser66
Rennlist Member

Welcome to Rennlist! Awesome set of wheels and color!
Old 10-01-2014 | 03:45 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Beautiful! Great car, great specs. Congrats and enjoy it!

Quick Reply: Dream Realized