Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confirmation (off-the-record) that 991 GTS will first appear as a late MY2015!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
you mean 15 right? I think you at least would have to wait until L.A (11/18-20) to see if the facelift appears then otherwise it would be Geneva in 3/15... of course there is also Paris next week ... but that is probably too soon. I *thought* that the next model year begins production in June of the previous CY ... i.e MY16 would commence 6/15. Maybe some clarifying info will leak from the dealers mtg in LV on the 14th?
Yes 15 sorry. 😜.. If it is June then that might be too long for me to wait. Just waiting till Jan is already killing me. I hope LV 10/14 will shed some more light. I'm the most impatient bastard this side of the Atlantic 😡
Old 09-25-2014, 09:35 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharm
Unfortunately this doesn't help me in deciding whether to wait another painstaking 2-3 months longer after January for the 911 facelift or keep my current targa 4S build eta'd for 1/2016!
I don't know whether my perspective will help, but I had the same decision to make last week, and decided to commit to my MY15 build.

I'm definitely that guy who likes the newest and shiniest toy, but decided to move forward with the 15 for a couple of reasons. First, I'm an MT guy and I do believe the 991 facelift will follow the 996 and 997 facelifts with new engines. I believe that some or all of the new engines will be turbo-charged (both the Macan S and the Macan Turbo are turbo-charged) and I'm afraid I'll lose the MT option. Second, when the Panamera and Cayenne facelifts were released, they initially had limited colors and limited options. It took a few months for a full slate of colors and options to fill in. If the 911 facelift follows the same pattern, I was concerned that I'd have one more waiting period until next fall before I could order exactly what I wanted.

Last edited by hinckley; 09-25-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:59 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I was thinking of waiting for the GTS but given what my build was looking like, started looking at a TT. Got a good deal on a '15 TT allocation so went for it.

The only thing I'll regret is if the 918 type steering wheel comes out with the GTS but I think I can live with the Sport Design steering wheel.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
I don't know whether my perspective will help, but I had the same decision to make last week, and decided to commit to my MY15 build. I'm definitely that guy who likes the newest and shiniest toy, but decided to move forward with the 15 for a couple of reasons. First, I'm an MT guy and I do believe the 991 facelift will follow the 996 and 997 facelifts with new engines. I believe that some or all of the new engines will be turbo-charged (both the Mecan S and the Mecan Turbo are turbo-charged) and I'm afraid I'll lose the MT option. Second, when the Panamera and Cayenne facelifts were released, they initially had limited colors and limited options. It took a few months for a full slate of colors and options to fill in. If the 911 facelift follows the same pattern, I was concerned that I'd have one more waiting period until next fall before I could order exactly what I wanted.
That's an interesting take. I'm not doing MT, but waiting until fall could be a deal breaker for me. Since this is my first 911, I tend to want everything to be perfect though and not have any regrets. If it were just a facelift without performance increase I wouldn't care I guess..but with the possibility of more power it is certainly appealing. Thanks for the input..I'm just
confused :-/(
Old 09-25-2014, 11:06 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,851 Likes on 5,173 Posts

Maybe PAG will finally "fix" the PDK gearshift lever.

Y'know, as in forward to downshift, and backward to upshift.

Like in the GT3 ... and every other dual-clutch setup on the market.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,627 Likes on 2,355 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Maybe PAG will finally "fix" the PDK gearshift lever.

Y'know, as in forward to downshift, and backward to upshift.

Like in the GT3 ... and every other dual-clutch setup on the market.
That alone would make buying a GTS worth it...
Old 09-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sharm
Yes 15 sorry. 😜.. If it is June then that might be too long for me to wait. Just waiting till Jan is already killing me. I hope LV 10/14 will shed some more light. I'm the most impatient bastard this side of the Atlantic 😡
I'm the 2nd most impatient bastard ... I'm not planning Euro Del until May of next year ... but I want to know what the GTS will be, get an allocation, and lock in my order ... tick tick tick ...
Old 09-27-2014, 06:26 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Maybe the reason we're seeing this early GTS is that it is indeed the end of the NA motors and the 991.2=992 will be exclusively force induction.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by destaccado
Maybe the reason we're seeing this early GTS is that it is indeed the end of the NA motors and the 991.2=992 will be exclusively force induction.
that would certainly explain it, *and* the slots in the rear bumper on the test mules that have been photographed.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:50 AM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going absolutely crazy waiting for the details of the GTS.

Also waiting on the details on the GT3RS with some interest. Though even if I wanted one probably wouldn't be able to get an allocation.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsmitty

Also waiting on the details on the GT3RS with some interest. Though even if I wanted one probably wouldn't be able to get an allocation.
Not too much longer ... hopefully something will leak 10/14 or maybe even sooner (from the Paris motorshow next week) ... all will be revealed in Nov.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsmitty

I'm going to go out (on not much of a limb here) and extrapolate (again)

I think we know the basic spec:

- 4S chassis for Coupe and Cabriolet 2WD & 4WD(?) (Targa?)
- X51 powerkit (incl PSE & SC)
- Sport Design Front facia (rear optional?)
- Sport Design mirrors (option?)
- Sport Design steering wheel
- Alacantra/leather interior - two seat variants 14/18w in N.A (+ Sports Buckets RoW)
- optional "GTS" interior pkg ("GTS" stitching, dev stitching, maybe CF trim)
- optional "GTS' exterior (logo etc)
- Turbo S CL wheels (5 lug optional)
- PASM (Sport PASM option on Coupe)
-

usual laundry list of features available to other 991 models...

anything beyond that is gravy/less likely IMO especially if this a a 991.1 and not a .2 ...

Last edited by Larry Cable; 09-28-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:36 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

I'm going to go out (on not much of a limb here) and extrapolate (again)

I think we know the basic spec:

- 4S chassis for Coupe and Cabriolet 2WD & 4WD(?) (Targa?)
- X51 powerkit (incl PSE & SC)
- Sport Design Front facia (rear optional?)
- Sport Design mirrors (option?)
- Sport Design steering wheel
- Alacantra/leather interior - two seat variants 14/18w in N.A (+ Sports Buckets RoW)
- optional "GTS" interior pkg ("GTS" stitching, dev stitching, maybe CF trim)
- optional "GTS' exterior (logo etc)
- Turbo S CL wheels
- PASM (Sport PASM option on Coupe)
-

usual laundry list of features available to other 991 models...

anything beyond that is gravy/less likely IMO especially if this a a 991.1 and not a .2 ...
The only real unknown is the price. I think your specs are spot on.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by djcxxx
The only real unknown is the price. I think your specs are spot on.
Agreed, it has to be less than the MSRP of a GT3 by $5-10k IMO. The Cabriolet will be more expensive than the coupe (and of course if there is a 4WD version that will be more than the 2WD)

It also may be less than (or the same as) the cost of a similarly specced Carerra with X51 (I'd guess $5-7k less).

I think the 50th is a good guide to this. I think the coupe will be around $120k and the Cabriolet may be $125-132k (for the 2WD variants, I'd add an extra $5-7k for 4WD).
Old 09-28-2014, 06:45 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,117 Likes on 672 Posts

Agreed, it has to be less than the MSRP of a GT3 by $5-10k IMO. The Cabriolet will be more expensive than the coupe (and of course if there is a 4WD version that will be more than the 2WD)

It also may be less than (or the same as) the cost of a similarly specced Carerra with X51 (I'd guess $5-7k less).

I think the 50th is a good guide to this. I think the coupe will be around $120k and the Cabriolet may be $125-132k (for the 2WD variants, I'd add an extra $5-7k for 4WD).
I'm quite curious as well. It's going to have to be a significant discount to give up the PTS C4S allocation I have had since July/September/November/February '15.
Is it just me, or is Porsche trying to discourage PTS orders at + $5500? If so, it's starting to work on me. DBM is looking better than ever before for some unexplained reason.

Quick Reply: Confirmation (off-the-record) that 991 GTS will first appear as a late MY2015!