Sponsored by:

Retrofit SPASM to PASM?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 11:31 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by vodkag
is the different spoiler angle for SPASM only on the 991.2 or on the .1 as well?
Both.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:08 PM
minthral
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I had a shop change my 981 stock suspension to the OEM x73 sports suspension. It lowered the car by a lot and firmed up the ride. The look was greatly improved, however the ride quality was not too different...it wasn't too stiff or uncomfortable.

The handling improved, but you noticed road imperfections more. I had to hold steering wheel at an angle to go straight from road banking etc. It settled and I had to tinker with alignment like 3 times to get it just right. I don't think the handling different was too significant and alignment settings/tire choice might have more to do with it.

The install was good overall, but not perfect. Wheel well spacing wasn't exactly equal on all wheels (for example, one wheel had maybe 5mm more gap on a flat surface). The suspension components looked as if they were disassembled and reassembled (marks on bolts, bushings, etc).

I didn't have trouble scrapping or not having clearance anywhere, but getting the car on a tow truck or lift required wood boards and extra care.

The experience did teach me the following advice I can offer someone else heading down this path:
1. Practical (handling, ride comfort, and body roll...ignoring lap times and measurements) differences between the base, PASM, or sport suspension are subtle and probably more to do with cosmetics and imagination.
2. Buy the car with the best suspension that you 'think' you may want. For me, this means the lowest and sportiest so that I don't do have regrets (see point 4 below).
3. Don't tamper (upgrade to OEM or aftermarket) the suspension your car comes with from factory ...the cost and hassle of it is not worth the gains. Consider point 1 if you feel you have to do this.
4. Don't have a mindset of 'what if I had x' and just enjoy the ride. If you can't do this, consider point 2 because you might not be happy with the car.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:54 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by vodkag
is the different spoiler angle for SPASM only on the 991.2 or on the .1 as well?
Sorry to bring this back from the dead. I have a .2s with pasm- installed techart springs and the spasm front lip.. was wondering if anyone coded their spoiler to raise up higher like the spasm cars and if so how?

thanks

j

Quick Reply: Retrofit SPASM to PASM?