Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 991 facelift spied

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 01:19 AM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The news says we could see the all new Porsche 911 GTS introduced at this year's Los Angeles Auto ShowPorsche in November.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1094047_porsche-to-unveil-new-911-gts-at-2014-los-angeles-auto-show-rumor

That's sooner than anticipated !
Old 08-26-2014, 05:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Oscarporsche
The news says we could see the all new Porsche 911 GTS introduced at this year's Los Angeles Auto ShowPorsche in November.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...uto-show-rumor

That's sooner than anticipated !
saw that, although its from only one source so far, so I would like to see a confirmation of this from another one...

I have already booked my tickets to go down to L.A on 11/21 in the hopes it will be there!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:12 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 320 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottish Pete
I guess I am the curmudgeon of this thread. After 37 years my '74 911 is not that much fun a road car anymore, and when the 991 came out I liked the styling. First new 911 I have liked for decades. Now that the 991 has had a couple of years of customer testing, the warranty repairs should have debugged this new generation 911. I was uneasy with the "Spy Shots" showing the "new" 2015 Carrera with bigger taillights, plastic-looking screen engine vents, larger gaudy taillights and busy looking vents in the rear quarter panels. I had been looking at remaining 2014 inventory on various California dealer websites, as I like the current styling of the rear which finally slimmed down the fat butt look starting with the 1978 SC. The rear wheels moved back to me make a much better road car . . . remembering how much moving the rear wheels back 1 & 3/4 inch did to eliminate the choppy ride of my 1965 911 I drove or seven years before getting my current 1974 911. I especially like the raised interior console from the Panamera.
Last month my local dealer shared a confidential e-mail showing that the MY 2015 will have virtually no changes except a larger power window switch bezel and reversing camera option. I ordered a Carrera S in late July knowing that the 2015 won't show up with goofy styling I may not like.
So I am happy to get a sorted out 991 and will leave you folks to do customer field testing under warranty on the 991.2
Been there, done that with a 1965 911 with Nadella halfshafts having nine open u-joints, the Solex carbs, the weak mainshaft which let reverse gear break off . . . and a 1974 911 with the last magnesium alloy engine case that now has "case-savers" keeping it from pulling apart from the heat required to meet emissions before finally going to a catalytic converter, timing chain tensioners which failed from engine heat faster now replaced with oil fed tensioners, and the rubber center clutch that mostly exploded.
Wish me luck, as the dealer is 50 miles away for warranty work . . .
Pete- I had one of those and bailed on it to get a 78SC. It was my "ultimate 911 until I drove my current 991C2S- with similar feelings to what you indicate. My bet is that you will enjoy that 50 mile ride just for the excuse to take it. Congrads on the new car!
Old 08-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Oscarporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
saw that, although its from only one source so far, so I would like to see a confirmation of this from another one...

I have already booked my tickets to go down to L.A on 11/21 in the hopes it will be there!
Excellent !!
do me a favor and post some pictures; and your thoughts if it's worth waiting for MY2016 and not pulling the trigger now
Old 08-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Excellent !!
do me a favor and post some pictures; and your thoughts if it's worth waiting for MY2016 and not pulling the trigger now
I was totally planning to do so, I'm going to the 1st public day on Friday Nov 21st so look for a top level thread with info later that day.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Excellent !!
I'm going to wait, since I was not planning to take delivery of a car until 5/2015 I have that luxury.

My choice would be between either a 2S or GTS Cabriolets. (although I think the same applies to the coupes)

I'm assuming that the GTS (Cabriolet) will look something like this:

- C4S cabriolet chassis (but offered with a 2WD and perhaps 4WD variants)
- 7MT & PDK transmissions
- Sport Design front fascia
- X51 powerkit (incl Sport Chrono & PSE)
- optional CL wheels (RS Spyder)

I would imagine that it would have an MSRP around $125,xxx I'm basing that on the MSRP of the current 50th aniversary edition, and that of the C4S Cabriolet and GT3 (it cannot exceed the GT3 MSRP).

Given this spec and price point, I would prefer the GTS cabriolet over a C2S cabriolet of the same spec, especially since (based upon the pricing and spec of the last 997 GTS) the X51 powerkit option on the C2S will be packaged as std on the GTS and discounted therein.

In my opinion, based on the above, and my preferences, its worth waiting for the GTS to appear at L.A in November for a May/June production commencement.

Last edited by Larry Cable; 08-27-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Dude174
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Road and track on their Facebook page had an article regarding possible turbo in S models but NA in base. They just posted it so it's not terribly dated.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:28 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dude174
Road and track on their Facebook page had an article regarding possible turbo in S models but NA in base. They just posted it so it's not terribly dated.
yeah they stated that it highly unlikely that a 992 chassis would be introduced at this point in time, more likely a cosmetic facelift.

Quick Reply: Porsche 991 facelift spied