Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Got a 911 and I couldn't be happier...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014 | 12:48 PM
GrayBlack
Rennlist Member

Congrats! Love the ducktail.
Old 08-06-2014 | 06:38 AM
Dr Awan
Track Day

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Doc, Just go to your dealer and tell them that OldGuy said they should GIVE you your clear markers!! The last 3 dealers have all given me my clear markers and for YOU a first time guy!? Should be AUTOMATIC gift!!
Yea this is alot better than the GT-R. Drove one in the beginning of July. The salesman apologized for the clunkyness telling me it was the all wheel drive getting in sync. You made the right decision and OMG Love the color and ducktail.
Are you in SoCal???
I'll send my dealer an email and see where they stand on that. They did give me a trickle charger as a gift, not sure how useful that thing really is.

I'm in NJ but I got the car from Danbury Porsche in CT. Although I do like it in black and will give it my first detail this week (polish, glaze, sealant and wax) I did see a satin white 991 on the road today and was absolutely in awe.

To the poster asking about the building with the American flag; that's a golf clubhouse in Bayonne; a lot of the older buildings I took pictures in front of are the abandoned dock warehouses they used in the early 1900's.
Old 08-06-2014 | 07:14 AM
dr.alexs
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dr Awan
I want to do the clear side-markers; is there a specific LED brand or seller that most people here recommend? Thanks for the kind words everyone. I love the ducktail; the sport design package along with the PSE and PDK were must-haves
Like others told you - you could just ask your dealer for some. Your other option is to go to suncoastparts.com. You can order clear side markers there and they will ship them to you in a few days. There are two options - standard bulb or LED. I think most people are leaning towards LED these days, but they are a few more $ (not much, though) and both look good

The install takes about 2 minutes and is a definite DIY

Quick Reply: Finally Got a 911 and I couldn't be happier...