Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So Cal Dealer Referral

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 11:22 PM
RJJM
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad you had a lousy experience at Newport. They have been great to me and my 4 referrals over the last year and a half. We got decent pricing and they delivered what was promised.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:52 AM
Douglass1
Intermediate

Let's go back to your initial question. If everything you base your criteria on is how much you think they will discount then you should have asked that. If all you want is to split hairs on a car that is really a luxury discretionary purchase, then maybe you need to go to the level of playing all of them off against each other, which means it really doesn't matter who we recommend.

McKenna in Norwalk is close to OC. In the end, they made me a deal I could live with. After that, on every level, they followed up and answered questions and stood ready to reinforce my buying experience. Exactly what I would expect from a purchase of a luxury product. Could I have gotten a deeper discount? Who knows. The deal worked for me and they did a great job.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:05 AM
shawnone
Track Day

Originally Posted by silvertige
How did you get 8% off??? I just called them and the Sales guy couldn't get me off the phone fast enough lol.
I could only get them to 5%. When I told them I wanted 8-9% they stopped calling. This was on a c4s on the lot.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:19 AM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love when guys ell me they got 8.5% and ask from who and what dealership and then then the boasting stops. I have a deal for a 2015C2 Non S thats almost on the water, got 7%. Today, I'm going down and see if I want to re-write that deal for the exact same car in an S version (undecided). Funny if I get an S they will cut the disc. to only 6%. I dont think the residual on the car is as good on the Non S. I think the used value goes down in 2 years. Cant figure out why. I will see. Anyway it is interesting to me how many varied experiences we have at the various dealerships here in Socal. Mine have been sketchy as well. Went to one, drove 5 diff cars, serious buyer, The sales guys were on the 'mo' texting while I'm driving
$125,000 cars and wanting me to buy rather then sell me a car. No followup, etc., etc., Passed on that dealership even after bitching to the boss. Oh well, I found that DTLA motors was best for me
Old 07-11-2014, 11:29 AM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yikes, was this during a purchase? What'd they do? I'm currently looking to order with them so any info would be appreciated.
The car I purchased, 2012 997.2 with low mileage, CPO had a material defect ( horrible rattle coming from passenger side rear glass area) that no dealer could fix ( was in a few shops, for many days)...drove the car only 1,500 miles...asked them to take it back ( full sales price, minus tax ) if I bought a brand new 991 at full MSRP...they would have made more money on the deal, plus made a customer very happy.

Their response was to ignore me for days, then come back with a deal $5,000.00 more than that...then ignored me more, then put me off more until I just stopped calling. Traded that car for another CPO 2012.5 991 from an out of state dealer...car has been fantastic!

And, don't get me started on how horrible their service department is. I could go on for days about them.

At one point, we were talking about suing them ( my wife is a lawyer )...but, I decided to just move on with my life.

I would be very wary about doing business with them. They appear very nice on the outside, but if you have any issues, they will take it as a sign to try to make more money from you, rather than give good customer satisfaction.

Take your money elsewhere! They do not deserve it!

Thanks for reading.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:56 PM
rwcsn1
Instructor

promo, i just sent you a PM about my experience. yeah, dealers are all sketchy, i went to many and they all pretty much ignored me. i felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. their loss.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:19 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Copy. Got it. Stayed with my original deal at DTLA Motors. Happy with the deal and the residual on the 'base' csarrerra stayed at 76% Dropped to 72% on the S Went on to the 2015/2106 list for the GT3. I only leased for two years. By then, i'l be ready for some big dog runs at the track with the gT3!!!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:53 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Just my .02 cents but if you have come from multiple paddle Ferraris just make sure you spend the extra money on an S. There's multiple threads about it but in the end I just can't see a guy that has owned multiple Ferraris unless they were 308's and 355's or maybe an F430 (paddles) be satisfied with a C2. The C2 will be a power and option letdown for a very small amount of money in the end. That's looking at the big picture.

Also, if you are in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills Mclaren has or had a white .2 GT3 in stock last week. It's a strong car. All original paint. Just some sport bucket bolster wear. I believe it had around 20k miles on it and they wanted only $119 for it. A great price for the car. I spent some time inspecting it. If you have spent some seat time in a 991 S manual car they will feel like vastly different machines.

Good luck on your search. If Downtown has been good to you and has a car in stock you want for the right price stick with them. You are going to find people with good and bad experiences at every dealership. There is no such thing as a dealership regardless of brand that has 100% honest satisfaction. Impossible.

McKenna has always been good to me.

Good luck!
Old 07-12-2014, 02:15 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

ALL true And drove that GT3. Passed because it diid not have that front lift bag. I live up in the canyon and that sucker is not getting up my driveway! Also, its about 10k over priced. i found a similar GT# in another satiate for far less, better options. BUT, I passed on that I had ordered a standard C2 and thats what Im getting. When the lease is up, I'll look for a used GT3 then. When I factored the diff in monthlies, it was approaching GT3 territory. I probably won't track the 991 anyway and the $ diff and the residual (72% vs 76%) was not justified in MY mind. Yes the S was quicker, etc.,, etc., oh well. I'll wait for a GT3 thats perfect for me
Old 07-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

I've bought pcars from Circle and Pacific, both good experiences. Circle is very close to me so I do some service and buy parts from them. I would not buy from Newport or McKenna, just ****ty attitude at both of them. Newport multiple times.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:03 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Well now that BH Porsche is moving out of BH to Westwood their attitude might change!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:13 AM
firstkill
3rd Gear

How did you get 8% off??? I just called them and the Sales guy couldn't get me off the phone fast enough lol.
I didn't get my car from them, but I negotiated a lease with
Myron Grombacher at woodland hills. It was an on the lot car, he was simple to deal with and would send a screen shot of their computer system to adjust MF, %off, residual to show lease amounts.

fk
Old 07-14-2014, 10:15 AM
promocop
Burning Brakes

I had issues with him and that dealership Glad I went to Jonathan at DTLA Motors. Much nicer people and appreciative. Better deal anyway. Too arrogant at WH porsche
Old 07-15-2014, 09:29 PM
dlstipp
4th Gear

If you are looking for a black targa without sports chrono, Desert European has one in stock. Looks like they are willing to negotiate.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:18 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by firstkill
I didn't get my car from them, but I negotiated a lease with
Myron Grombacher at woodland hills. It was an on the lot car, he was simple to deal with and would send a screen shot of their computer system to adjust MF, %off, residual to show lease amounts.

fk

Myron is a stand up guy at The Auto Gallery. If they have a car in stock they will always deal. If you are willing to purchase a new car with a few miles on it you can get 8-10% off no problem. They are a volume dealer for sure.

When shopping for a car it all comes down to attitude and personalities. Not everyone is going to get along with each other. Oh the humanity!

Quick Reply: So Cal Dealer Referral