Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: With Sport Design Front Fascia or not?
With Sport Design Front Fascia
68.42%
Without Sport Design Front Fascia
31.58%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Sport Design front fascia or not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014 | 05:10 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

If one orders SPASM on a coupe AND sport design front fascia, is it even lower than sport design alone? I ordered SPASM with the stock front, but I'm curious if anyone knows.
Old 07-10-2014 | 05:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Keadog
If one orders SPASM on a coupe AND sport design front fascia, is it even lower than sport design alone? I ordered SPASM with the stock front, but I'm curious if anyone knows.
It wont alter the suspension ride height (which is lower I believe with SPASM vs std), it simply lowers the height, and extends the overhang of the front spoiler/splitter

I *think* with the SPASM and std front fascia you get a cool extended spoiler "lip" in the center
Old 07-10-2014 | 05:44 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

According to my wife, any sort of rear fin is inherently adolescent and suggests that the typically middle aged man driving is compensating for diminished sexual capabilities.

So, no aero kit for me, alas. Not even a little ducktail.

Last edited by Grunty; 03-27-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-10-2014 | 05:46 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
It wont alter the suspension ride height (which is lower I believe with SPASM vs std), it simply lowers the height, and extends the overhang of the front spoiler/splitter

I *think* with the SPASM and std front fascia you get a cool extended spoiler "lip" in the center
Thanks. It looks OK to me, but not $2K worth of OK for my eye. I never paid that much attention to the lower front of the car until I started reading this. If the ducktail could be purchased separately, that might be different.
Old 07-10-2014 | 05:46 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Grunty
According to my wife, any sort of rear fin is inherently adolescent and suggests that the typically middle aged man driving is compensating for diminished sexual capabilities.
If I knew it was that easy and straight forward I'd be ducktailing it by now.
Old 07-10-2014 | 06:28 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Keadog
Thanks. It looks OK to me, but not $2K worth of OK for my eye. I never paid that much attention to the lower front of the car until I started reading this. If the ducktail could be purchased separately, that might be different.
only way to get the ducktail from the factory is to spec the SD aero ... otherwise you can buy it from a dealer, paint and install ...
Old 07-10-2014 | 06:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Grunty

So, no aero kit for me, alas. Not even a little ducktail.
I can assure you that the rear wing on my GT3 *is* compensating for diminished sexual capabilities ... so you can tell your wife she is right!

Quick Reply: Sport Design front fascia or not?