Sponsored by:

Help With Second 991

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jpbesl
I took a drive last night to think hard about some of the feedback from the post, and for the first time since I owned this car, I got pulled over!

I should have known better - it's a drunk-heavy holiday weekend, so the cops were out in force. But it really was a case of "driving while Porsche". The cop was writing notes on the side of the road, saw me drive by while passing a guy in a 65 (I knew I was in the 70's because my 80mph speed alarm didn't go off) and jumped in his car. He didn't have me on radar.

Luckily I have a good cop friend and a PBA card, so he let me go. I just hate calling my friend up for stuff like this.

Anyway, I decided I don't really want to stick out more than I do. I'm not here to draw attention - just here to drive. So no Signal Orange for me and I'm probably going to avoid the Aerokit Cup wing. Ducktail may still be in the cards though. PSE though.... I'll be in for the emphasized downshift blips, not the increased loudness.

Other revelations from the drive... I can't imagine the car cornering flatter, so I don't think I'll miss PDCC. I also think having the higher Sport Seats Plus bolsters and Alcantera Sportdesign wheel will go a long way to changing the feel.

Thanks again all for taking the time to reply. It's good to talk this through.
Looks like you've made up your mind. Good luck!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:36 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

The way you describe how it will be used, put your daughter in the passenger seat and get yourself a GT3 !
Old 07-07-2014, 09:22 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

My thoughts:

PSE is a waste of money.
How often do you use the sunroof? Great potential savings there.
PDK? Why not a manual?
I had the sport seats on my 997, and they had no lumbar adjustment. I'm not sure about the 991, but you may want to make super-duper sure that it's what you want. They were nice seats, but I like to adjust the lumbar (change it around) on long trips.
I also like E&D, it's ridiculously expensive (especially since you have to bundle it now) but so is everything else on these cars.

And no, you're not being silly to take advantage of the 6 months that they're offering you. Why not?

Quick Reply: Help With Second 991