Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Luxor Beige Interior hard to keep clean?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
TMI, bro!
It's rennlist... no such thing as TMI.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:43 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
It's rennlist... no such thing as TMI.
Oh, so I can start telling old band camp stories?
Old 06-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Oh, so I can start telling old band camp stories?
Please do. We haven't totally derailed a thread in a long time.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Mark1996
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtbscott
I had Sand Beige interior in my prior Cayman S. First thing I did was asked for black floormats instead of matching beige, that went a long way towards targeting a potential problem area. The only other issue for me was the beige steering wheel. You've got to really keep that cleaned regularly, as you'd be surprised the kinds of dirt/grease your hands transfer. If there had been a way to get a black rimmed wheel, I would have done it. I did not have any problems with staining on the seats, either from jeans or anything else.
I also replaced my beige floor mats with black mats. That helps a lot in keeping the car looking cleaner. The black mats also give the interior more contrast. I like my beige interior but sometimes I feel that it is just a little "too beige".

Anyone think of replacing their beige wheel with a black wheel? Can the beige wheel rim be wrapped with black leather? That would help a lot with the dirty beige wheel issue.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:51 PM
JamesKen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark1996
I also replaced my beige floor mats with black mats. That helps a lot in keeping the car looking cleaner. The black mats also give the interior more contrast. I like my beige interior but sometimes I feel that it is just a little "too beige".

Anyone think of replacing their beige wheel with a black wheel? Can the beige wheel rim be wrapped with black leather? That would help a lot with the dirty beige wheel issue.
I have a Luxor interior and am replacing the wheel with a black one with carbon fiber trim. I am also having the Tech Art paddle shifters installed since I have the MF wheel and I hate those shifter buttons. I will have the wheel back next week and will post pics of it.

The problem I did not foresee is the new wheel does not come with the center air bag part. So I will have a black wheel with a Luxor center. So to do the whole thing in black you need to order the wheel and the air bag unit which is pricey. After I get it will figure out what I am gong to do with the center part. I might leave it or I might pull some other Luxor parts off the old wheel and make it look two tone or I might suck it up and buy the airbag unit.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:56 PM
dhull100
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My previous 991 C4S had luxor beige. I never had any issues with staining and used as DD.

Quick Reply: Is Luxor Beige Interior hard to keep clean?