Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

September Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014 | 05:40 PM
drmatara
Pro

Default September Delivery

I've placed my order in at the end of April for a MY2015 C2 Cab and I've been told that expected delivery is December which is a long time to wait. Yesterday I went to the dealer and asked them to see if they can find an earlier slot and after some tinkering with the computer they switched my order with an earlier allocation and been told I should have the car by Sept. Here are the car's specs:

911 Carrera Cabriolet
Carrara White Metallic
Cabriolet Roof in Black
Manual Transmission
20" Carrera Classic Wheels
SportDesign Steering Wheel
Premium Package i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Seat Belts in Guards Red
BOSE® Audio Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Smoking Package
Model Designation "911"

So if this is a Sep Delivery means the car will be built and shipped in July? I was looking at the ship schedule that someone posted here and I don't see any vessel bound for San Diego in Sep...Does anybody know the date for when the ship will be in SD in Sept?

Last edited by drmatara; 06-08-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2014 | 06:01 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

you should do ED!
Old 06-08-2014 | 06:05 PM
drmatara
Pro

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
you should do ED!
??
Old 06-08-2014 | 06:32 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

We should be getting a similar build (C4S cab) in Carrara White Metallic White (but with a blue roof) that is in production now. Will send pics when it gets here.
Just a couple of thoughts:
- do you want color logos on wheels?
- have you thought about reversing camera (think it helps with roof up)
- think about sports design mirrors and front fascia

Good luck. . .these cars are fun to configure, more fun to drive and horrible to wait for delivery!
Old 06-08-2014 | 06:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drmatara
??
European Delivery - pick it up in Zuffenhausen, do the factory tour and the museum, drive it around europe for 14 days ... then ship it home.
Old 06-08-2014 | 06:47 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jonathan Lord
We should be getting a similar build (C4S cab) in Carrara White Metallic White (but with a blue roof) that is in production now. Will send pics when it gets here.

Good luck. . .these cars are fun to configure, more fun to drive and horrible to wait for delivery!
I am debating the same options ... with the SD mirrors, no folding option, and with the front SD fascia with that spoiler lip painted and reduced approach angle be prepared to repaint it!
Old 06-08-2014 | 06:54 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

We spent a lot of time configuring the C4S - with over $55K in extras. . and that was really part of the fun!
Old 06-08-2014 | 07:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

We spent a lot of time configuring the C4S - with over $55K in extras. . and that was really part of the fun!
Yes its fun and expensive ... and can get a bit confusing at times trying to decide what to get and what to avoid ...
Old 06-08-2014 | 08:08 PM
distracteddev
Intermediate

European Delivery - pick it up in Zuffenhausen, do the factory tour and the museum, drive it around europe for 14 days ... then ship it home.
Who pays for the flights there and back? I heard Porsche helps you with your booking, but not sure if that means they get you a deal or something.
Old 06-08-2014 | 08:31 PM
Linnm
Pro

You pay, no deals
Old 06-08-2014 | 09:51 PM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

I am debating the same options ... with the SD mirrors, no folding option, and with the front SD fascia with that spoiler lip painted and reduced approach angle be prepared to repaint it!
The SD mirrors can be folded manually (but not electrically).
I would definitely recommend them!
Old 06-08-2014 | 11:31 PM
Car25
Instructor

We ordered a 2015 C2S last March and were told the build is early July with a mid-September delivery to SF Bay Area. It's been too long already!
Old 06-09-2014 | 02:49 AM
drmatara
Pro

Thanks for the clarification...yeah I thought about it however I'm in the middle of a major project so cant' take off till Sept...so unfortunately as nice that sounds I had to decline
Old 06-09-2014 | 02:55 AM
drmatara
Pro

Congrats on your C4S cab...yeah I looked at lots of things in the configurator...at one point the car I was configuring was like 160K...then I decided on only things I really wanted and not the nice to have ones and that's how I came up with what you saw. The color wheel caps...I can go either way...the reversing camera...it's nice but not a necessity since the cab comes standard with rear parking sensors...the mirrors again either one is fine and for the front fascia..yeah it's very nice but then I have to be very careful pulling into driveway...so I chose not to worry...
Old 06-09-2014 | 09:34 AM
Clocked
Racer

Ordered a C4S cab two weeks ago, my dealer changed a slot they had and the car is locked as of Friday and will be built in June and expect it early August. Spoke with other dealers and they had slots only with December or next year delivery and said thanks but no thanks.

Good luck everyone.

Quick Reply: September Delivery