Sponsored by:

Porsche's US HQ to Include Experience Center and Track

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Zohan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Porsche's US HQ to Include Experience Center and Track

Should be completed by the end of the year. With its US headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, expected to be completed by year’s end, Porsche has released additional details regarding this awesome complex - which will include much more than just offices and operations centers. As the brand’s most important market, the US HQ will also include a huge Porsche Experience Center, in addition to facilities for classic car restorations, a display area, restaurants and above all, a 1.6-mile track and vehicle testing area.

Maserati Alfieri Confirmed for Production
McLaren F1 Sells for Record-Breaking $10 Million
Ford Focus RS is On! (Soon)
Porsche has invested $100 million in the complex, which will cover 230,000 square feet. Track pavement should be completed by August of this year, followed by exterior completion of the headquarters by September.

- See more at: http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2014/4/2....qdGJ2IjI.dpuf
Old 05-08-2014, 02:24 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Looks very exciting!

We have our own going into Los Angeles as well although the debut has been delayed a year or so.

http://wot.motortrend.com/porsches-l...14-416997.html

Amazing Porsche is being allowed to spend VW's dough so heavily in these types of ventures. I grew up on the edge of the ghetto here in L.A. and the facility is going to be close to where I spent my summers as a child getting in more trouble than most guys spending a nickel in Folsom.

From a business point of view I'll be curious if if either one of these facilities will be able to sustain themselves. I guess only time will tell.

Funny. I was reading about the Los Angeles facility.

"The Experience Center will have its own test track, off-road area, and handling course, which Porsche says will have special surfaces that are capable of replicating rain, ice, and snow."

lol. It's Carson. I wonder if they will also have an area to replicate the surrounding neighborhoods, downtown at night, car jacking evasion techniques and other.

No matter. I'll be visiting and scrubbing tires once it opens!

Atlanta looks like it's going to be beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-08-2014, 02:38 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Both will be beautiful I'm sure.

I just read that Porsche will be consolidating their Santa Ana race operations in the Carson facility too so perhaps the eye candy there will be worth the wait!

Quick Reply: Porsche's US HQ to Include Experience Center and Track