Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy with LED's PDLS Plus?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Duke I
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

By the way, what is the "drone" people write about? When does it occur?
Old 05-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Fünfzig
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke I
Frankly, I think having an exhaust button to turn on and off is a little goofy. Seems like that with such an upgrade, it should just be "ON." Also, I was made curious in Money's journal thread and his AM of the AWE despite having PSE on his car.
You might think that, and yes - mine is on "most" of the time, but there are times where its nice to quiet things down a touch.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:19 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,779 Likes on 5,141 Posts

Originally Posted by jawells1
Actually I think the change for the LED is a simply plug-and-play. The entire headlight assembly gets replaced, so just pop-out the old and plug-in the new!
Maybe, but probably not. I don't believe it is a simple swap, and plug/play, issue.

Because from what I understand of the PDLS+ with LEDs, it's not just swapping the headlight units. The entire system requires a camera built in the rearview mirror for adjusting the lightbeam for oncoming traffic.

So in addition to doing the headlight swap, you'd have to retrofit the rearview camera unit.

It's probably doable -- most things are -- but whether it's practical and/or cost-effective as a dealer installed option is an entirely different matter.

Quick Reply: Happy with LED's PDLS Plus?