Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused! 997 TT or 991 S

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

I'll chime in here. I'm 6 months into my 987.2 Spyder ownership, having sold my 997.1 TT cab in Aug 14. We're talking remarkably different cars here. The TT was luxury, heavy, very powerful, AWD and under-steered like a ***** when pushed. The Spyder is very barren, light, powerful, RWD and steers where you point it. Super fun. Seeing as I bought it just before winter I've not spent that much time in it but what time I have tells it is an incredible, very focused car. Do I miss the TT? In some ways yes. I would drive the TT with it's Mezger rattling away in the rear, all year as a DD. Wonderful. But I longed for something more RAW. So I have a Golf to drive on the off days, which is a great little car itself, BUT I am starting to look for a 911 variant as a DD. There's a nice 2012 991 coupe here in town I'll go and look at on the weekend. Maybe that will satisfy the itch. I would hate to sell the Spyder and look back with remorse. So I'll keep it and add on. Is there a perfect P-car? I don't really know.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:04 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Is there a perfect P-car? I don't really know.

Absolutely. The challenge is to find it. The first step is to determine what you really want out of a car, and try not to be influenced by others. As an extreme example I had a friend who bought a 997 GT3 a few years ago. A great car for the right owner, but a horrible choice for him. He had never attended a performance driving school, never tracked his cars, and only bought it because he read on the internet that the GT3 was the best car that Porsche made.

He now owns a nicely equipped base 991, and couldn't be happier. So for him the base 991 is the perfect P car.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:38 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
Is there a perfect P-car? I don't really know.

Absolutely. The challenge is to find it. The first step is to determine what you really want out of a car, and try not to be influenced by others. As an extreme example I had a friend who bought a 997 GT3 a few years ago. A great car for the right owner, but a horrible choice for him. He had never attended a performance driving school, never tracked his cars, and only bought it because he read on the internet that the GT3 was the best car that Porsche made.

He now owns a nicely equipped base 991, and couldn't be happier. So for him the base 991 is the perfect P car.
Yup, all about preference and usage. We are quite spoiled with such a wide spectrum of choices spanning generations of 911.

Quick Reply: Confused! 997 TT or 991 S