Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheesy rear license plate mounting holes

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 02:31 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

Thank you very much. I called the parts guy at my dealer this morning and he searched the catalogue and didn't come up with anything other than a bracket for Euro delivery cars. He then asked a tech and the tech said nothing's available for the 991. Thanks for your help!!
Old 04-18-2014, 05:40 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
Thank you very much. I called the parts guy at my dealer this morning and he searched the catalogue and didn't come up with anything other than a bracket for Euro delivery cars. He then asked a tech and the tech said nothing's available for the 991. Thanks for your help!!
As you requested, here are a couple pictures of the license plate mount supplied with 997 cars. I got one with all three of my 997 cars. It is nothing fancy, but does provide a mounting base for the license plate to eliminate the need to screw the license plate directly into the bumper. Of course, the mounting base is secured to the bumper by the two screws on the outer edge of the mounting base. The license plate is then mounted to the black piece by the four screws that you can see in the pictures. But, I found that mounting the license plate using this black piece instead of screwing directly into the bumper eliminated the paint rubbing that I had in the brief period of time I had the license plate mounted directly to the bumper.

Even if you could get one, I am not sure if it would work on the 991 because the 991 bumper might not have the two pre-drilled holes used for mounting the black plastic piece to the bumper. By the way, you can't see the black plastic once the license plate is installed. It is slightly smaller than the license plate.

Last edited by GSIRM3; 01-23-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:32 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

I really have to thank you so much for doing that- I understand now and agree I don't think it will fit the 991, but again that was so very nice of you to help and do that as quickly as you did!!! Thank you again so much and happy driving!!!

Quick Reply: Cheesy rear license plate mounting holes