Sponsored by:

Checking In At The Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 11:13 AM
NutNut
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checking In At The Dealer

For those of you who bought their cars at an authorized dealer (i.e. not gray market) and have (or plan to have) it serviced there, I was wondering what the protocols are for checking the vehicle in.

Do they fill out forms for you to sign, inspect it and show any scratches, dents etc. on an illustration, give you a claim stub, etc. etc.?

I brought my car to the dealer today to get my PSE and spacers installed (among other things) and the guy (showroom duty manager) told me to just leave key. I asked him if there was any paperwork and he said no and just asked me what needed to be done.

What are your experiences?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:21 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 72 Posts

That's pretty much how it works. I've owned MB's and they do a walk around with you. People with 911s are typically fastidious and you usually develop a relationship with the dealer such that if there is a problem -and it's reasonable that it happened under their care, they'll address it. At least that's been my experience - key is that most Porsche owners will be repeat customers.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:33 AM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No walk around at the Porsche dealer but at the BMW dealer they inspect all body panels and even underneath of front spoiler and mark any damage on their checkin form and advise the customer of what they've found.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:30 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

No issues like that at my Porsche dealer nor my BMW dealer - but then again, at the latter, I have a reserved parking spot, I'm there so often. Well, I was there so often, they're dead to me now.

That said - my FIL would take his BMW there and it had a bit of damage to it, so they would take pictures of it, pissing him off every time. I don't blame them.

I had some very slight cosmetic damage done to the interior of my 996 while in for service, and once I brought it to their attention, they took care of it, no questions asked.

Quick Reply: Checking In At The Dealer