991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Chrono Package with Manual Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014 | 12:21 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Indeed! Likewise i only have PASM and given I've just put my back out i may just avoid that button for a while... (I'm getting SPASMs for free at the moment!)
Old 05-13-2014 | 07:24 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hinckley
eg, what exactly does Sport Plus do? Rev matching, I know. More aggressive throttle response, I think. Anything else?

Any change in suspension settings (with Sport Plus) or ride height (with Sport Chrono in general)? Those two things I ask about because, living in a congested city with bad roads, I already have a concern about spec'ing the Sport Design Package.
Suspension stiffens with sport plus engaged although not uncomfortably so. I drive from Long Island to New York City every day and I find the stiffer suspension setting in sport plus to be perfectly acceptable even with the pathetic roads we have here. In addition, you get the more aggressive throttle response and the rev matched downshifts. The sport chrono package itself doesn't impact the ride height. If you spec your car with SPASM, then the ride height will be lowered by 10 mm. As it is, the S (which comes standard with PASM) sits 10 mm lower than the base model. So an S with SPASM sits 20 mm lower than a base Carrera.
Old 05-13-2014 | 08:11 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by eg991
Suspension stiffens with sport plus engaged although not uncomfortably so. I drive from Long Island to New York City every day and I find the stiffer suspension setting in sport plus to be perfectly acceptable even with the pathetic roads we have here. In addition, you get the more aggressive throttle response and the rev matched downshifts. The sport chrono package itself doesn't impact the ride height. If you spec your car with SPASM, then the ride height will be lowered by 10 mm. As it is, the S (which comes standard with PASM) sits 10 mm lower than the base model. So an S with SPASM sits 20 mm lower than a base Carrera.
Thanks for the clear and concise answer. And you directly addressed my biggest concern of Sport+ - bad northeastern roads. I presume that your car has SPASM as well as Sport Chrono?
Old 05-13-2014 | 09:03 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Yes, my car has SPASM in addition to Sport Chrono. With SPASM, just be careful on driveway inclines/ declines and you'll be fine.
Old 05-13-2014 | 09:33 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by eg991
Yes, my car has SPASM in addition to Sport Chrono. With SPASM, just be careful on driveway inclines/ declines and you'll be fine.
You're doing a heck of a job hitting on all of my concerns. City living + reduced ride height from SPASM + SportDesign Package.

Any thoughts about Sport Chrono without SPASM due to ride height concern?
Old 05-13-2014 | 10:00 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Thank you! By the way, I had forgotten that you spec'd the sport design package (which I think looks awesome by the way). That factors into the calculation because the standard front spoiler with SPASM is a cheap black rubber piece so it's not a big deal if it's scraped and is cheap to replace if it gets too bad. It's a different story with the sport design front spoiler. Hopefully folks who have the sport design package can chime in on ride height concerns. Regardless, I would definitely recommend getting the sport chrono (with or without SPASM). SPASM gives the car a lower, slightly more aggressive stance but you'll need to be sure you can live with the ride height, particularly with the sport design front spoiler.
Old 05-13-2014 | 10:59 PM
Cheekymonkeyman
Rennlist Member

Not 100% sure but looks like sport design front apron with spasm... Wouldn't want to take that ramp any faster
I have sport design front apron with pasm (10mm higher than spasm) and have no issues at all over speed bumps and ramps

Quick Reply: Sport Chrono Package with Manual Transmission