Sponsored by:

Configurator 3D loading time

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Badknees
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Configurator 3D loading time

Is there some kind of add-on I can install on Internet Explorer that won't make it take so long to load the 3D configurator? When I click on 3D it starts to load, gets to 90%, pauses, then does it all over again. Every time. Better yet, is there a way to install the configurator on my computer?
Old 03-02-2014, 03:21 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe try a different browser. I installed the add-on in firefox and it doesn't take that long to load. I've had it freeze a few times. I just closed the browser, cleared the cookies and history and tried again and it worked.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Badknees
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks - just tried Firefox, still about the same. I've also had it freeze with IE. I guess I'm using the configurator too much. I'll be much happier when the order finally gets placed (waiting on a '15 allocation).
Old 03-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Badknees
Thanks - just tried Firefox, still about the same. I've also had it freeze with IE. I guess I'm using the configurator too much. I'll be much happier when the order finally gets placed (waiting on a '15 allocation).
It's a problem at the Porsche servers I think. It happens occaisionally. The Swiss configurator had this problem for over a month, now all seems fine again.

Just click on 2D and then again on 3D. Most of the time, that helps... If not, try again.

Suzy (via iOS app)

Quick Reply: Configurator 3D loading time