Sponsored by:

Opti-Coat

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 10:02 PM
addysdaddy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lbahoshy
I got Xpel on the front end of on my 991 (full hood, front fenders , front bumper) and had Opticoat applied to the entire car.

The installer did not recommend to apply the clear bra on top of Opticoat or CQuartz; the Opticoat on top of Xpel was the recommended sequence; makes the clear bra even more durable and easier to maintain.

Opticoat is supposedly a permanent coating whereas Cquartz Finest needs to reapplied after approx 30 months or so.? Both fantastic products.

CQuartz Finest is a little glossier than Opticoat and is slightly more slick so cleaning is a little easier but the downside is it is organic based and wears off. I went for Opticoat as I didn't want to reapply the coating after a while. Apparently it only comes off if you polish it off.

Any of the coatings are a great choice for the "set it and forget it crowd." For those of us who enjoy detailing their ride, probably not the best way to go. Any of the new WOWA (wipe on, walk away) sealants or go old school like me - find a carnuba wax you like and enjoy the process. Nuba wax typically gives the paint a beautiful glow like appearance but sadly only lasts about 1-3 months. Coatings are really great for the rims & barrels as it makes cleaning a breeze. But again, if you're washing your car weekly and cleaning the wheels is part of that routine, you probably don't need a coating for that either. The technology in detailing products has literally exploded over the last 5-10 years. Whatever you're looking for it's now available and trust me, we're not talking rain dancer, turtle wax or DuPont #7 compound in the green can. haha

Quick Reply: Opti-Coat