Sponsored by:

SIM Access Profile & Galaxy Note 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 10:32 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 175 Posts
Default SIM Access Profile & Galaxy Note 3

Does any one have this working? All I can seem to get is the Hands Free Profile. So I'm not really using the Telephone Module the way I want to.

Any insight on how to get this working would be appreciated. (USA at&t, FWIW).
Old 02-20-2014, 05:41 PM
boxterguy
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rsap Note 3

You might check www.Android-rsap.com for more info. They seem to offer an app that might solve your problem. Phonescoop.com indicates that the Note 3 does not natively support rsap (SAP) profile. Like yourself, I also enjoy using my tel module but have confined myself to only using a non-smartphone on ATT GO for simple voice calls. However, there are some (limited #) of smartphones that do support SAP. Let me know if you make any progress since I also would like to move to a smartphone.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by boxterguy
You might check www.Android-rsap.com for more info. They seem to offer an app that might solve your problem. Phonescoop.com indicates that the Note 3 does not natively support rsap (SAP) profile. Like yourself, I also enjoy using my tel module but have confined myself to only using a non-smartphone on ATT GO for simple voice calls. However, there are some (limited #) of smartphones that do support SAP. Let me know if you make any progress since I also would like to move to a smartphone.
That is indeed what I ended up having to do. For some reason, Samsung dropped rSAP support (I verified this with both Samsung and at&t), which they included on previous Galaxy S and Galaxy Note phones. So I took the plunge and rooted my phone. Once that was done, adding rSAP and connecting it to the car was very easy.

Quick Reply: SIM Access Profile & Galaxy Note 3