Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Espresso interior in black or white CS cabriolet??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 02:25 PM
guamie911
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Espresso interior in black or white CS cabriolet??

Hey guys, here's the dilemma. Placing an order for a cabriolet. I'm totally sold on espresso interior. Most friends say to go white exterior and i think it's awesome. Yet I've always wanted a black porsche. Saw a basalt black espresso combo in a Panamera turbo executive. It was extremely classy, which is probably why the dealership was given this combo for their top of the line panamera and why Porsche exclusive rep personally liked that black/espresso combo. Was worried about black/brown mix but it seemed fine. Just want to get other opinions/views from you guys on your perspective. This car will be under the Southern CA sun. Thoughts?
Old 02-14-2014, 02:27 PM
guamie911
AutoX

Btw, roof would be a black top regardless.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Samp4
Racer

The espresso will be great with either but I think the black would really make it unique. I have not any with combo. I have seen white with brown top and espresso and that really looked great. I have not white with a lack top and espresso so not sure.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:46 PM
lromanosky
Instructor

We do White/Espresso quite a bit, and have included some photos. Black, either Basalt or non-metallic woudl also be nice. I would suggest that if it were Black/Brown that you add some contrast to the interior, as with some of the cars that I have seen in that combination the Espresso gets lost a bit as it is quite dark.

I might do brushed aluminium or paint the interior trim body colour, or add a contrasting stitch (beige probably).

Here are some white/brown photos...

Cheers, Lawrence
Calgary, Canada
Attached Images          
Old 02-14-2014, 04:53 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My Carrara white cab has the red interior, but speaking as an art director, espresso will look great with black or white.

However, having owned a basalt black 997 I am happy to own a white car. So much easier to care for.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

depends on the look you want and your personality...personally, I prefer the white with brown
Attached Images   
Old 02-14-2014, 05:02 PM
guamie911
AutoX

Awesome input guys. Thanks! And if anybody has more pics of either combo, I'm totally open to ideas.

Trending Topics

Old 02-15-2014, 12:51 AM
guamie911
AutoX

@Hammer911: Thanks for the shoe pics. That actually was quite insightful. I see the black espresso as being classy and great for red carpet event or night out on the town, and the white espresso being fun and sporty especially for a coastal drive in the sun. More to think about.
More thoughts are welcome.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:00 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Where is the clutch?
Old 02-15-2014, 08:13 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

There are not many black/brown cars on the road because most manufacturers don't offer a black/brown color combination. The primary reason for this is that the colors don't play very well together and the car manufactures don't want to have their dealers get stuck with cars that have... uhmm... how shall I say this... a "unique" color combination.

In other words... White with Espresso.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Pincomar
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by guamie911
Hey guys, here's the dilemma. Placing an order for a cabriolet. I'm totally sold on espresso interior. Most friends say to go white exterior and i think it's awesome. Yet I've always wanted a black porsche. Saw a basalt black espresso combo in a Panamera turbo executive. It was extremely classy, which is probably why the dealership was given this combo for their top of the line panamera and why Porsche exclusive rep personally liked that black/espresso combo. Was worried about black/brown mix but it seemed fine. Just want to get other opinions/views from you guys on your perspective. This car will be under the Southern CA sun. Thoughts?
I like the black/brown combo too, but this is your car and only one opinion really matters. I ordered my first Porsche in Bassalt Black with a Boxster red interior. I loved it. My boss simply couldn't believe that I had ordered it like that! Follow your heart. There are some truly ghastly combinations, but black/brown is definitely not one of them. Enjoy.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Gene G
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like both but the white will be much easier to take care of.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by guamie911
@Hammer911: Thanks for the shoe pics. That actually was quite insightful. I see the black espresso as being classy and great for red carpet event or night out on the town, and the white espresso being fun and sporty especially for a coastal drive in the sun. More to think about.
More thoughts are welcome.
There's a method to my madness! Good luck.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:57 PM
Justin R
Track Day

My Father in Law just picked this 12 CS Basalt/Espresso

It looks almost dark blue in direct sunlight

Old 02-15-2014, 01:56 PM
apias
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lromanosky
... I would suggest that if it were Black/Brown that you add some contrast to the interior, as with some of the cars that I have seen in that combination the Espresso gets lost a bit as it is quite dark.

I might ... add a contrasting stitch (beige probably). ...
Cognac, specifically, would be a logical and proven choice for deviated stitching.

Quick Reply: Espresso interior in black or white CS cabriolet??